Loss of service reports

Started by rireed3, Sep 23, 2009, 16:37:06

Previous topic - Next topic

psp83

I have a 3 MiFI device as a backup but trouble is, 3G around this area is up & down lately and is not reliable for "work" use but is ok for browsing websites etc.

I'm not having a go at IDnet and not calling the service cr*p, I've been with them for nearly 4yrs now, but its time to look for a cheap backup ISP for days like this as I'm sure this won't be the last time it happens, everything breaks just more often when BT are around  ;D

@DorsetBoy thx for the PM, I'll take a better read later.

.Griff.

Anyone else just lost connection again?

Edit - just resynced with a 172 ip address. Ffs

Niall

Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

psp83

cs

Yep me too, we're off again.
Chris

Tina

psp83

Hopefully just temp as BT sort the other link out  :fingers:

jezuk1

Down again here too, i'm getting some great use out of my 3G dongle lately  :D

gwidnet

Yep I'm off again this is getting a bit tedious
best ever speedtest 01 11 2011:

Niall

I'm getting the 172 ip again, so ye, same as before.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

zappaDPJ

zap
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Moley

Just lost connection here and I see it's been a problem during the day....excellent timing but then it always is....

drummer

Ditto the last few comments.  :bawl:
To stay is death but to flee is life.

Simon

After being OK all day, I'm now down too.  :sigh:
Simon.
--

Reya

Been fine for me all afternoon and evening, so I must have missed the earlier issues. Just lost connection, though.
I was cut out to be rich but got sewn up wrong.

quack

On for less than two hours. Off again ...

pctech

Quote from: Conrad on Oct 20, 2010, 18:30:03
Do these problems have anything to do with the "upgrade" that took place a few weeks back?

As to their phone service...   ???  I can never get hold of anyone OOH, and at the first hint of trouble all you get is a recorded message and a voicemail service. I wouldn't say it rocks.  I would say it was just barely adequate.

IDNet are currently in "Last chance saloon" for me.  Usually I would say three strikes and out, but as they have been so good up until the "upgrade", I am willing to give them one last go.

My phone has been working ok since I switched.

MikeSh

Gone down again - this is costing dearly in Vodafone Dongle use!  :rant2:
Mike
----------

psp83

Quote from: jezuk1 on Oct 20, 2010, 18:44:51
Down again here too, i'm getting some great use out of my 3G dongle lately  :D

Same here. I had 700mb to be used by the 27th this month, looks like it will be used now  ;D

Glenn

My max connection is now down, same symptoms as last week.
Glenn
--------------------

boomboomer

I'd just hit the button to buy a new wachine machine when the modem dropped out.... 50/50 chance I've spend £400?

Still, the unlimited data for £1 a day from T-Mobile still looks a bargain, second time in a week?

HoriZon

Idnet was one of the best in a matter of weeks it's gone down hill big time.

Premium price below par service :/
"Everybody has secrets, life would be boring without secrets, don't you think...?"

cyberbeast

Still no internet connection , paying for ADSL2+ broadband and having to connect via dialup (third time this month!) - this situation is totally unacceptable , looks like its time to request a mac code and migrate to an isp that can provide a reliable connection. :mad:

Rudds

Well here we go again another loss of service just as im bidding on ebay. Im afraid to say that after around 6mths of fantastic service from idnet over the last 3 weeks things have gone downhill fast with regular outages happening. Apart from
the speeds when you have service this is getting almost as bad as A o hell LOL.
Com'on idnet sort yourselves out!
Thank god for the android.
Paul

Mouseroo

Has been fine here ask evening up until about 20-25 minutes ago as well.

Is the BT network really so naff that it warrants an almost weekly outage?
In any other country, this level of "service" would see the BT directors dragged out into the streets and beaten with customers modems and hog tied with some cat 5 cable.

Now there's a thought!   :evil:
Andy
----------

Your ability to bang your head against reality in the hope that reality will crack first is impressive, but futile!