Loss of service reports

Started by rireed3, Sep 23, 2009, 16:37:06

Previous topic - Next topic

gazzthompson

Yeah nets down here as well, Norfolk Watton exchange.

jezuk1

I am sure that the guys at idnet are just as frustrated as we all are. From my understanding this is out of Idnet's control at the moment and is a problem that could theoretically affect any provider.

psp83

Quote from: Mouseroo on Oct 20, 2010, 19:08:34
Has been fine here ask evening up until about 20-25 minutes ago as well.

Is the BT network really so naff that it warrants an almost weekly outage?
In any other country, this level of "service" would see the BT directors dragged out into the streets and beaten with customers modems and hog tied with some cat 5 cable.

Now there's a thought!   :evil:

You bring the modems I bring the Ethernet cables?  ;D

HoriZon

Quote from: jezuk1 on Oct 20, 2010, 19:10:32
I am sure that the guys at idnet are just as frustrated as we all are. From my understanding this is out of Idnet's control at the moment and is a problem that could theoretically affect any provider.

Yes I understand that but it's effecting idnet a hell of a lot of late.
"Everybody has secrets, life would be boring without secrets, don't you think...?"

Lance

I've got no connection on Max. It seems that BT are having a great laugh today.  :shake:
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

agal

At least this time I've a 3 dongle and can finds out what's happening - last week I spent two hours rebooting the router and installing a speedtouch modem before I rang my son to go online for me and find out the IDNet helpline number.  :slap:

Conrad

My connection has gone again too. Now using my mobile phone as a modem.  Vodafone prepay is not cheap.  This sucks.  Called support, left a message. Haven't had a call back.  I have stuff to do!!!! I want my internet back!  :bawl:

zappaDPJ

Is there any chance on getting an update on an eta for a fix?
zap
--------------------

Conrad

Does anyone have an out of hours number for idnet?  The one I had doesn't appear to work anymore.

Do Support frequent these boards?  If so, any chance we could see the ECO history for this fault!?? Lol.  I bet it's a great read!

silverblade

This is getting ridiculous now :/

Something seems to be seriously screwed up with IDnet's links to BT, as of late there always is something going wrong. Either a piece of hardware not working, configuration wiped, backup link not functioning (seriously they need to get a refund for all the time the backup link has not been functional!)

esh

I've been down a while here too, only have GPRS link up. I guess they fixed 21CN and broke 20CN or something :(

This is ... disappointing. I hope IDNet support have a few strong drinks to hand.
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

Steve

It is disappointing I've just got home , on GPRS never mind it's not the end of the world and no ones died.
Steve
------------

cs

No mention of this latest failure on the status page. I hope they know about it........
Chris

Conrad

Unfortunately no.  My ADSL2+ is down too.   The updates found here have not yet been updated with this new failure. For it to fall over again just 30 mins after it was 'fixed' is a joke... except I'm not laughing.

cs

I knew as soon as I posted that, there'd be a message!

Doesn't look good though......

2010-10-20 19:30: BT have now broken both our circuit into them!

Chris

psp83

2010-10-20 19:30: BT have now broken both our circuit into them!

Morgoth

This is incredible, hats off to BT for an epic cock-up!

Niall

Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

DorsetBoy

As this part of the forum is open for all to see (including all the bots) this wonderous piece of work by British Telecom is being indexed all over the net ....... someone at BT HQ will be doing some explaining. :evil:

Rudds

This is very damaging to idnets customer relations and indeed will no doubt result in loss of its customer base should it continue. The directors of idnet need to seek some serious compensation for these frequent losses of service and perhaps in turn recompence us the customers with a reduction in next months bill.
My friend on bt had a serious outage of over 18 hours and received no less than 2 months free of charge after sending an apropriate letter, so im sure idnet are seriously in the driving seat here.
Ironic but it seems the mobile operators have the more stable service at this moment, tha
Paul

psp83

Quote from: Niall on Oct 20, 2010, 19:39:39
I'm back online :)

Same here but shhhh don't let BT hear you say that  ;D

esh

Let's see how long this lasts. Are we taking bets?
CompuServe 28.8k/33.6k 1994-1998, BT 56k 1998-2001, NTL Cable 512k 2001-2004, 2x F2S 1M 2004-2008, IDNet 8M 2008 - LLU 11M 2011

gwidnet

Me too, shame I just topped up my 3 dongle with £2 for the day  >:(
best ever speedtest 01 11 2011:

Tina

Conrad

Still down here.  :(

I like the way the current network status is classed as "Sub-Optimal Service"... yeah!  Like WAY sub-optimal!  I think they need to introduce a new network status of "Completely scre**d by BT".

Hehe...  Time for a coffee and biscuit methinks.  Anyone?

....OOOH!!!  I'm back on now!!  YAY!  :)