Loss of service reports

Started by rireed3, Sep 23, 2009, 16:37:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Upixar

I've been a loyal customer for years but it seems IDNET is in BT's blacklist.

Is it ok to pay £25 for this cr*p service?

Aren't we entitled to any compensation?

klipp

Got my internet back but it seems to be quite sluggish...

Conrad

I think a discount off next months bill would be a good sweetner to keep people from leaving.

foreversummer

I've only been here since 16th August but have had nothing but problems ever since.  I'm out of here soon.  Absolutely peed off, mine has been going on and off all days as it does several times a day since I joined up.

Rudds

Paul

Rik

BT broke everything, including the Max connections which were previously OK. :(
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

Quote from: Rudds on Oct 20, 2010, 19:49:26
Still no service here.

It seems to be rolling out, Paul, I had one line reconnect several minutes before the other.
Rik
--------------------

mrapoc

Spoke too soon, its going up and down like a Yo-Yo.

Can't send emails either

Compensation perhaps? For both us and Idnet.

Seriously considering trialing Zen now, same price, more bandwidth and worth a try - unless there is something Idnet can do for us?

Mouseroo

Back online here in Somerset.  But for how long...?   ???
Andy
----------

Your ability to bang your head against reality in the hope that reality will crack first is impressive, but futile!

Bill

13 hours downtime in two weeks... glad I'm not superstitious :P
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

gwidnet

Yes I've been with idnet for 4 years or so and i'm considering leaving
best ever speedtest 01 11 2011:

Steve

I suspect they'll be re loading the hostlink gradually.
Steve
------------

Tina

Been checking Zen out - will wait to see what IDnet say, but am seriously thinking of moving over

Rik

It may also be a bottleneck of login requests...
Rik
--------------------

gazzthompson

Can some one whos tech savy about internet infrastructure explain whats going on and whos fault it is? :mad:

Upixar

Quote from: Rik on Oct 20, 2010, 19:51:41

Rik, you'll soon run out words to defend Idnet  ;D

QuoteWarning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

No, I don't.

Simon

Simon.
--

Reya

Back up here, too (for now). After spending half an hour turning the house upside down looking for an RJ11 cable, then setting up a dialup connection to IDNet on my steam-powered laptop (eight years old and still chugging along) and getting through to Yahoo Mail at an agonising 36kbps to inform my friend in the US that I wouldn't be online for her birthday tonight, I came back up to the PC and there's Win7 proudly beaming at me that I have internet access again!

It wouldn't have been so bad if the 3G connection around here was less spotty of late. My mobile kept giving me 'unable to connect to server' messages, too.

:wall:
I was cut out to be rich but got sewn up wrong.

silverblade

Not even getting modem sync here.

Bill

Quote from: Rik on Oct 20, 2010, 19:51:41

They have to be good at something :mad:
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

snigehere

Guys - Whilst I understand that everyone is heads down trying to solve the issue you really do need to do something about communications.  

I have been off line since late morning - the recorded phone message was there saying there was an issue but it was not updated for hours - the message was not timestamped in any way but to me it sounded exactly the same.  When I called around 16:30 the message had changed but again no time stamp or next expected update  .... When I finally managed to get a connection around 17:40 and went to the web site I saw there were posts giving update every hour .... While that may assist some people its of no use to me because I can't get online to read them - all I have is the phone ...

While I was away having my dinner the service went down again ... I have now worked out how to use my phone to connect (I guess the off line time has forced me to work out how to do this so one bonus). .... I am not staying for long as its slow and I am unsure how much it will cost  .... your web site said the service was back up in fall over mode so I re-booted the modem and PC and dug around in the connections and tried to call .... I can't be sure if the recording was the same as earlier or not.  Finally, at around 19:30, I see the status message updated to say BT had done their level best to really mess things up.  

better communications please ....

karvala

Another one thinking about leaving here, but it really depends on the IDNet response after it's been finally fixed.  If they pursue BT for an explanation of what went wrong and how it will be avoided in future, and have the courtesy to provide it to the hundreds of affected end users, then I will stay with them because the outage was not their fault (beyond their rather dubious policy of not confronting BT).  If, however, we get the same deafening silence that we've had after every previous outage, as though users are not entitled to an explanation and should just be grateful that they have a connection at all, then I will certainly not be handing over any more money to a company with that attitude, and I'll do my best to ensure that other people don't either.

The outage was not IDNet's responsibility, but how they respond (or don't respond) certainly is.

DorsetBoy

Quote from: foreversummer on Oct 20, 2010, 19:48:59
I've only been here since 16th August but have had nothing but problems ever since.  I'm out of here soon.  Absolutely peed off, mine has been going on and off all days as it does several times a day since I joined up.

The daily line drops are a local issue caused by noise/interference between the exchange and your home, I did offer to come and assist you and try a different router.........

adamb

Just got back online here. £35 per month is looking very bad value at the moment.

Tina

QuoteAnother one thinking about leaving here, but it really depends on the IDNet response after it's been finally fixed.  If they pursue BT for an explanation of what went wrong and how it will be avoided in future, and have the courtesy to provide it to the hundreds of affected end users, then I will stay with them because the outage was not their fault (beyond their rather dubious policy of not confronting BT).  If, however, we get the same deafening silence that we've had after every previous outage, as though users are not entitled to an explanation and should just be grateful that they have a connection at all, then I will certainly not be handing over any more money to a company with that attitude, and I'll do my best to ensure that other people don't either.

The outage was not IDNet's responsibility, but how they respond (or don't respond) certainly is.

My thoughts exactly  :thumb: