Possible Price Reduction In Price For Some ?

Started by David, Sep 24, 2009, 09:17:46

Previous topic - Next topic

David

BT have just announced a reduction in one of the components of their 21CN network .

Will the reduction be passed on ?
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Gary

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Sep 24, 2009, 09:17:46
BT have just announced a reduction in one of the components of their 21CN network .

Will the reduction be passed on ?
I really doubt it David, come on its BT we are talking about. Maybe the ISP's may se a reduction, but they have to make a profit so I doubt anything will change for us at least.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

Rik

I would have thought BT would be looking to increase capacitance, Gary. ;)
Rik
--------------------

David

No details yet but it is kosher and I dont think its classified will update when details available.

Cheered you up though  ;D ;)
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Sep 24, 2009, 09:38:39
I would have thought BT would be looking to increase capacitance, Gary. ;)
Thats the logical step, Rik. But this is BT, adding capacitance is tantamount to making things work, adding resistance is what they are good at  ;D

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Gary

David

:hehe: :clever: The thinking woman's crumpet Gary thats what you are  :laugh:

dujas

QuoteBT have announced today their plans for expanding their 21st Century Network, known as 21CN, to more of the country. Current deployment is to around 40% of the population and they aim to extend this to around 55% of homes and business by Spring 2010 and 75% by Spring 2011 depending on customer demand.

The extension of 21CN out to more exchanges will mean more users will be able to get broadband at up to 24Meg (BT estimate 20 million homes and businesses) and the roll out of next-generation fibre services such as fibre to the home/cabinet can expand to these areas also. There is of course a caveat. As ever, not everyone will see speeds up to this 24Meg as they are heavily dependent on distance to the exchange. The use of ADSL2+ should see some increase to users though, particularly those who live close to their exchange.

One other point announced today is that BT Wholesale will be dropping prices to communications providers from January 2010 which should reduce costs to end users. The plan is to decrease bandwidth charges by 50% and also to introduce a reduction in WBC rental costs. This should mean that providers can offer lower prices and will be more willing to bundle more bandwidth with services. This will be particularly useful with new websites tending to be more bandwidth intensive and with streaming video becoming ever more popular.

Source

Rik

BT hasn't actually seen fit to tell IDNet as yet.  ::)
Rik
--------------------

dujas

I guess BT Wholesale is waking up to the threat of LLU. Adrian Kennard said "they charge the ISP around TWENTY times the going rate for transit to get the bandwidth to the exchange."

Rik

Maybe Ian Livingstone read my email after all? ;D That and knowing that Be are pushing their services to BT-based ISPs might just have had an effect...
Rik
--------------------

David

Gary

Belive it when I see it, which will be 2011, if at all