Any Problems Today?

Started by psp83, Sep 28, 2009, 11:05:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

It is, but the situation changes faster than the information, unfortunately.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

psp83

Tonight is the worse night so far,

High pings and websites loading really slow.

Aaron

Quote from: psp83 on Oct 05, 2009, 22:29:46
Tonight is the worse night so far,

High pings and websites loading really slow.

Same here, I've emailed IDnet this time as posting it here is pointless these days.

http://www.aaronstevens.co.uk/Ping-milliseconds-2009Oct05-2240.jpg
IDNet Home Pro ADSL2+ 4Mbps | Billion BiPAC 7800N

dujas

It was the same for me too.

Gary

Quote from: dujas on Oct 05, 2009, 00:53:21
Latency was high for me at one point this evening, but as has been said many times before, manually reconnect your router's ISP connection (or just reset the router) to 'load balance' yourself on to a less congested pipe. Using a ping graph type program before and after is a handy way to see if you've fixed the issue.

Unfortunately, unless you move to a different provider, you'll just have to get used to this problem periodically re-occurring until all of Idnet's 20CN customers are switched over to use their 21CN hostlink. This will hopefully happen in the next 1-2 months.
Post removed
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

Quote from: Aaron on Oct 05, 2009, 23:43:53
Same here, I've emailed IDnet this time as posting it here is pointless these days.

The forum is not an official support channel, we do our best to fill in outside support hours, but on speed issues we can do little. Forum staff spend a lot of time on the phone to IDNet each week, following up issues for members and trying to obtain resolution, but we are volunteers and do not have the time to deal with every issue reported. IAC, speed issues require data for them to be investigated, so there's little point in us taking up such cases.
Rik
--------------------

Wags

Rik and the admin team do an excellent job (well beyond the call of duty) in helping members out and as Rik says they can only advise on steps to take, which will at some stage will require assistance from IDNET support.

It is with regret that I have to say farewell to IDNET as an ISP. The rocky past few weeks on MAX with latency, frequent reboots of the router and consequent drop in profile have taken their toll and it is so unfortunate that BT are no doubt the cause of many of these issues. I obtained my MAC yesterday and am migrating to BE Unlimited to sample the delights of LLU! :fingers:

IDNET would still be my first choice for a BT based (non LLU) product and their support is excellent - just a pity that BT have let them down :'(.

Rik

Don't be a stranger, Wags, do let us know how you get on. :)
Rik
--------------------

Wags

Quote from: Rik on Oct 07, 2009, 09:06:08
Don't be a stranger, Wags, do let us know how you get on. :)

Will do Rik! :thumb:

Rik

I agree with you, though. IDNet and other small ISPs have been royally screwed by BT in the past year, and yet the have no way of getting compensation. I am optimistic, though, that things are improving and will have improved dramatically in the next month or so.
Rik
--------------------

Tacitus

Quote from: Rik on Oct 07, 2009, 09:12:44
I agree with you, though. IDNet and other small ISPs have been royally screwed by BT in the past year, and yet the have no way of getting compensation. I am optimistic, though, that things are improving and will have improved dramatically in the next month or so.

Hmmm.   You can see why Zen were in no hurry to hop on board the WBC bandwagon.....

At least iDNet's customers have got something out of it in the form of increased allowances. 

Sebby

Hope all goes well on BE, Wags. :)

juiceuk

Surprise surprise high pings again tonight.

If I want to leave do I just request a MAC and make sure I'm switched before my next bill date of 25th Oct or do I have to give some notice?

Simon

I think, if you call or email support, a MAC will be issued almost immediately.
Simon.
--

Wags

Quote from: Sebby on Oct 07, 2009, 22:01:26
Hope all goes well on BE, Wags. :)
Thanks Sebby. I will let you know after the switch-over on 15th October  :fingers:

Quote from: juiceuk on Oct 07, 2009, 23:06:28
If I want to leave do I just request a MAC and make sure I'm switched before my next bill date of 25th Oct or do I have to give some notice?

I asked for mine by email and gave a short reason why and I was emailed my MAC within an hour. Now I have a date for BE's service, I guess I now need to email IDNET and tell them to cancel the service on that date.

Sebby

No need - this happens automatically on the date of transfer. You can just sit back and relax. :)

Wags

A brief up date for you....

Migrated to BE today and connected straight away at 10.7 meg . My first SpeedTest gives a download of 9.02 meg, so very chuffed indeed. Ping (interleaved) is 21ms! (can't wait to see what it's like when I switch to fastpath)!! :thumb:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/593103847.png

Lance

Lance
_____

Sebby

Simon

Simon.
--