Don't plan any serious internet use on Saturday evening...

Started by Rik, Oct 05, 2009, 10:20:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

David

Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

mrapoc

iv seen just as good quality on justin.tv

which isnt exactly something you pay for...

id expect a much higher quality stream for that price - however most of the uk will probably have streaming problems on low bandwidth option

glen

Well if anyone is interested here's a wee link, I use it all the time for premiership matches, quality not too bad, and I've seen worse. You need internet explorer to view or if you use firefox you can use the IE tabs plugin from the mozilla site.
They must find it difficult...
Those who have taken authority as the truth,
Rather than truth as the authority

Rik

Rik
--------------------

glen

Thats because I'm being stupid. here's the link.

Link removed: Having studied the site, we're not convinced it's legal, sorry.

They must find it difficult...
Those who have taken authority as the truth,
Rather than truth as the authority

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Technical Ben

I personally cannot see it working.  :P
I would have thought it would be cheaper to send it via sky or the tele. But perhaps they want the revenue for the pay per view?
The way things are going, I might end up ditching the TV, the PC and the mobile... back to the stoneage for me if everything is pay per view :P
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Dopamine

If the master of making money from sport, Bernie Ecclestone, couldn't make money from pay TV in 2002 despite investing millions in infrastructure and enhanced camera streams, then it looks like it's not going to be as easy as Kentaro think it will be a few years later, unless they significantly increase the quality of the stream.

On a personal level I wish them every success, because I have no interest in football and am tired of it dominating the printed media and TV. Boxing marginalised itself by selling out to pay TV, so maybe football will follow suit.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/article1180835.ece

juiceuk

Quote from: glen on Oct 06, 2009, 10:32:32
Thats because I'm being stupid. here's the link.

Don't expect this to stay around after Sebby sees it. I had a post removed after posting a site like that (way better than that site). The site I posted even won it's court case to stay up.  

If these sites are forced to close for providing links then search engines should be shut down too.

Edit: Link removed from quote.

Gary

I dislike football so much, looks like its time to do what I do at weekends and enjoy the company of my wife.  ;D
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

David

Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Gary

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Oct 07, 2009, 09:29:21
Pass I will settle for Mozart on the piano  ;D
I think that's called necrophilia, David, no matter where you have him  :whistle:
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

David

Its preferable to the alternative Gary   :evil:

There is more life in Mozart anyway  ;)

Rik

Rik
--------------------

David

Rik

Right, let me just adjust your line for you...  :evil:
Rik
--------------------

David

Would that be my washing line or my phone line  ;D

I think it will be a music lesson.... :eek4: no it wont Joanne wont be here she is off toher friend for a sleepover  :bawl:

Rik

Sounds like a solo performance then, David. Go for some Rachmaninov. :)
Rik
--------------------

David

I have never tried this mans stuff so I expect it will be old Beethoven or Mozart.......Scott Joplin may get an airing  ;D

Rik

I should think you'd like the Russian composers, David.
Rik
--------------------

David

Yes I think I may have a look on Amazon for some sheet music

Rik

See if there's any MP3 snippets you can listen to to give you an idea.
Rik
--------------------

David

I have a lot of CDs here Rik and I do love some of the music so will have to give them a play.

I can play some of Piano Concerto No 1 but its not an easy piece but one of my favourites I only play the intermediate version but its very dramatic I think I semi gave up on this so its worth going back to I think

Rik

Rik
--------------------