Don't plan any serious internet use on Saturday evening...

Started by Rik, Oct 05, 2009, 10:20:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Quote from: juiceuk on Oct 07, 2009, 00:35:21
Don't expect this to stay around after Sebby sees it. I had a post removed after posting a site like that (way better than that site). The site I posted even won it's court case to stay up.  

Thanks for inviting us to take a closer look at the link. Having done so, we are not convinced it is legal and have, therefore, removed it.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

David

And for me some of it very difficult to play but I like a challenge and its not usual for me to give up ...still have an injured finger from that fall and its a little painful on the joint but a bit of exercise may help it
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

David

True but I have been thinking of late it may be timely to stop playing as I do suffer with severe pains in shoulders and neck and arms without this on top of that lot and I don't ever know when to stop and will suffer the following day but I like playing....if you can call it that  ;D
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

David

Rik

Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation. They were originally used to help labour pains, but now are used for all sorts of muscular pain. Most machines also have a massage mode built into them. I find it quite handy for back pain.
Rik
--------------------

David

glen

I just posted the link for the benefit of people who like a bit of football, that's all. Illegal, did you ever.
They must find it difficult...
Those who have taken authority as the truth,
Rather than truth as the authority

Simon

I have a TENS machine, David, and find it is very good.  You can get them in Lloyd's Pharmacy for nothing that would break the bank.  :)
Simon.
--

David

Thanks Simon I will check these out are they effective ? can you feel any immediate relief ?

Simon

Don't take it personally, Glen.  We are not certain that the site is legally permitted to stream such data, so we have to err on the side of caution, much as we would for sites illegally streaming copyrighted films.
Simon.
--

Simon

If you set it too high, you will certainly feel it immediately, David!  Start off at the low setting, and increase to a comfortable level.  I certainly felt the effects very quickly.
Simon.
--

David

David

Rik

Quote from: glen on Oct 07, 2009, 11:40:55
I just posted the link for the benefit of people who like a bit of football, that's all. Illegal, did you ever.

We sometimes have to make choices on links, Glen, that won't please everyone. Essentially, the question we ask is "Does this site promote something which could or would be considered illegal?" As a free forum, run by volunteers, we have to err on the side of caution - we don't have the funds to seek legal advice or to defend a legal action against us. On balance, we feel that the site you linked is probably linking to copyright material which is not meant for viewing in the UK, think of the case Sky & the FA brought against a publican who was buying access to matches from a Greek company who didn't have the rights to sell it in the UK. As Simon says, it's not personal and, while we try to be consistent, we're only human, we have to make a judgement call on the basis of what seems reasonable in the circumstances as we know them.
Rik
--------------------

glen

glen

Quote from: Simon on Oct 07, 2009, 12:00:51
Don't take it personally, Glen.  We are not certain that the site is legally permitted to stream such data, so we have to err on the side of caution, much as we would for sites illegally streaming copyrighted films.
It's ok mate I know why, you can't take any chances with the authorities, cant give them half a chance.

Dopamine

Quote from: Rik on Oct 07, 2009, 10:54:01
Thanks for inviting us to take a closer look at the link. Having done so, we are not convinced it is legal and have, therefore, removed it.

WTF!! Armchair lawyers now need convincing of the legality of something before they'll permit it to be linked to. Petty bureaucracy gone mad, but I suppose it's your sand pit, your rules and your little bit of power to wield. ::)

Whatever you do, don't use Google. You'll be a gibbering wreck by the time you've waded through all the links to questionable sites.

Lance

Dopamine, Google can afford a legal team and advice.

And as you say, our sandpit and our (published) rules. 
Lance
_____

Simon

Quote from: Dopamine on Oct 07, 2009, 22:30:53Whatever you do, don't use Google. You'll be a gibbering wreck by the time you've waded through all the links to questionable sites.

People are quite at liberty to find all the illegal links they want to by using Google, and we wouldn't object for a moment, as long as they don't publish them here.  :)
Simon.
--

vitriol

I certainly would not pay to watch a live sporting event on the internet I'm at the mercy of BT's hoddy infastructure.