WARNING IDNET ARE ALIENS

Started by jrboden, Oct 08, 2009, 13:51:58

Previous topic - Next topic

jrboden

HI all new to IDNET very worried what I have got myself into - Just migrating from SKY - we are talking 5PM to midnight throttle from 5.5 to 0.5 every day with SKY - email support..yeh right. Well should be on IDNET on Monday but very concerned about getting reply's from emails..You dont get replys from SKY you get automated FOB Off's - so my question is are IDNET ALIens using advanced AI to automate replys or are they using humans working for them. I have just sent two generial enquires about my change over and got a reply on both within 10 mins !!! WTF . I think I am going to cancel because this is not normal.......I want to not get a reply after  mails and then spend two hours on a phone getting cut off because I enjoy getting very angry - if this type of service is norm here on IDNET then it is not from this planet...LOL if any you have been with one of the major ISP's then you kow what I mean!!! I spent a week trying to tell SKY I didnt want to leave just wanted a bit of Broadband after 5pm and ending up giving up......I am not connected on IDNET yet ad I will be happy with the email replys forget the Broadband..............

Many thanks IDNET for being so far the best ISP I have come a cross

Ray

:welc: and welcome to the happy place that is Idnet, and yes they have got humans working for them and they know what they're doing. and :karma:
Ray
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

pup

Pup

Sitting on the fence......
And Laughing at both sides.

Rik

Welcome to happy land and the forum, JR. :welc: :karma:

Not only are there humans working for IDNet, but we're on first-name terms with them all. You'll like it here. :)
Rik
--------------------

jrboden

Ok right.daft question do Admins work for IDNET......DOH

PUP.... Just looked at your mail and I work in IT if I had that on my exchange (non LLU) I would be well happy - I get 5.5 durring the day on SKY  I think I could get another .5 if I got the new BT IPlate - IDNET have told pre stats are 5.5 which is what I get off SKY at day time come 5pm I get a string and two plastic cups if I get 3 + after 5 on IDNET I will be jumpin for Joy!!! I know they are a bit £££ but not much If I get service is great.the thing is mate go to SKY and for starters you dont get email responce so yeh I have so far not had to riing IDNET so I dont know about that so will let you know how I stand next week but you dont get all this service from the big players infact on SKY I might aswell be on 56k dial up after 5!!!

David

:welc: :karma: Good choice you wont go far wrong here  :thumb:

Please dont pat the dog though  ;D

:dog:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Tacitus

:welc:

iDNet aren't quite perfect, but just to show how good they are, I had a small problem this morning with the customer portal not displaying certain items correctly.  I rang them around 9.30 on the Freephone number, within two rings I spoke to a human being and, explained the problem.

By lunchtime it was fixed.  

I agree with the other posters.  You'll like it here.  

BTW. This is not an official iDNet forum, although Rik and the gang are extremely helpful and have good relations  with the folks at iDNet.

Rik

Quote from: jrboden on Oct 08, 2009, 14:32:04

No, we don't, though as Tac says, we have a close working relationship with them. However, we will criticise the company if we feel it's necessary.
Rik
--------------------

cavillas

Contrary to what Rik says, Idnet do not have humans working for them they are superhumans, prophets, saints Gods even...oopps sorry got a bit carried away there. ;D
------
Alf :)

Rik

Rik
--------------------

cavillas

Knock at door, gonna have to go now there are some people with white coats comming in :eek4: :conf: :tease: :eat:
------
Alf :)

Glenn

"What are the tabs on the arms for?"

"To adjust the fit sir. Now, just put your arms straight in to this jacket, and we will adjust the fit for you."  :evil:
Glenn
--------------------

Rik

:lol:

They never said that to me.
Rik
--------------------

Simon

The only trouble with Alf getting carried away is, he keeps coming back!  ;D
Simon.
--

Rik

Of course, ALF was an alien life form on TV.  :whistle:
Rik
--------------------

Glenn

If I remember correctly we have been there before  :angel:
Glenn
--------------------

Rik

;D

Haven't we been everywhere before? ;)
Rik
--------------------

quandam

Quote from: jrboden on Oct 08, 2009, 14:32:04

PUP.... Just looked at your mail and I work in IT if I had that on my exchange (non LLU) I would be well happy - I get 5.5 durring the day on SKY  I think I could get another .5 if I got the new BT IPlate - IDNET have told pre stats are 5.5 which is what I get off SKY at day time come 5pm I get a string and two plastic cups if I get 3 + after 5 on IDNET I will be jumpin for Joy!!! I know they are a bit £££ but not much If I get service is great.the thing is mate go to SKY and for starters you dont get email responce so yeh I have so far not had to riing IDNET so I dont know about that so will let you know how I stand next week but you dont get all this service from the big players infact on SKY I might aswell be on 56k dial up after 5!!!

I have a similar story to yours. Was with Sky Connect and during the day had excellent speeds, no problem, but come 5pm total utter rubbish speeds, a real pain in the proverbial. It's my second time with IDNet and it will take my exchange to be LLU'd (2011+) for me to maybe change again. I now maintain the same day time speeds 24/7 with exactly the same set up as I had with Sky Connect.

You will not regret your move.

PS I definitely have no connection (other than the router ;)) with IDNet

Den

welcome to the happiest broadband set up ever. In answer to your question they are all human at Idnet, the aliens are all on Idnetters. Best service in the UK and no regrets after joining. Have a  :karma2:
Mr Music Man.

D-Dan

Let's keep it real guys. These are forums where we complain about IDnet.....................................................

Ermm.....Hello........is anyone there?

Why has it suddenly gone very quiet?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

Simon

Simon.
--

David

Quote from: D-Dan on Oct 08, 2009, 20:30:10
Let's keep it real guys. These are forums where we complain about IDnet.....................................................

Ermm.....Hello........is anyone there?

Why has it suddenly gone very quiet?

Lets be honest Steve we complain about everything  ;D
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Sebby

jrboden

Hi all and thanks for all the warm welcomes  :eek4:

well its a sad sad day......... :bawl: :bawl:

It is my last day on SKY AKA the BORG I have been assimilated for some 12 months now and I am no longer able to determine what normal life is on broadband and I am scared but at the same time it can be no worse.......

You ALIENS all same ok for greys  :evil:

Well just done my finial speed test on SKY BORG just got a full throttle of death!!! its the full on all singing 361kbps yep that is the download.....the best is tonight my upload speed is better at 363bps

WEll cheers all ......hopefully I will be in the big space ship with you on Monday.......... :thumb: :dunno: :rant2: :evil: :red: :eek4: :eek4: :eek4:

I just hope the SKY BORG will allow me to escape to another ALIEN life form  :eek4: :eek4:

ANd yes I over did it on the smile faces but this could be my last post for.....well it could be a while I could be stuck in between the BORG and the ALIENS :dunno: :dunno:

Cheers all JOn from the SKY BORG hub

send failed

send failed

connection time out

connection retry

long wait.........

retry send.............

threshold time out data stream overload..........

connection disconnect...........

retry......................

buffer overload BORG connection failure........

COnnection terminated.............

MAC code error...........termination not granted..return to SKY BORG.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:fingers: :fingers:

David

:fingers: Hope\it goes OK for you ....it will be worth it soon tis will just be a memory  ;)

Lance

:pmsl: I think we have a new craziest member!!!
Lance
_____

Ray

Quote from: Lance on Oct 11, 2009, 22:16:46
:pmsl: I think we have a new craziest member!!!

agreed, Lance. :lol: ....  watch out, David, he's after your Crown.  :evil: :whistle:
Ray
--------------------

Lance

I thought David was going to keep the crown forever!
Lance
_____

Ray

Ray
--------------------

Sebby

Quote from: jrboden on Oct 11, 2009, 19:31:26
Hi all and thanks for all the warm welcomes  :eek4:

well its a sad sad day......... :bawl: :bawl:

It is my last day on SKY AKA the BORG I have been assimilated for some 12 months now and I am no longer able to determine what normal life is on broadband and I am scared but at the same time it can be no worse......

I take it you're on the awful Sky Connect?

David

Quote from: Lance on Oct 11, 2009, 22:29:49
I thought David was going to keep the crown forever!

Alas no  ;D

I gave my crown to Jill  :evil:

jrboden

Quote from: Sebby on Oct 11, 2009, 23:04:59
I take it you're on the awful Sky Connect?

Hi Sebby - yeh SKY connect I am on or was....My exchange is non LLU and looks like it will be that way till 2011 according to the exchange checker details. :bawl: :bawl:

Was with Eclipsce prior to them - I was ok then but they used to throttle me after 20GB and at the time their next package up was way to ££££ for what it was so moved my phone and broadband to SKY connect or as I call it SKY no CONNECT after 5  :eyebrow:

Sebby

Sky shouldn't offer non-LLU, imho. It gives them a really bad name, when their LLU offering is actually brilliant for the money.

quandam

jr

Let us know asap how things are. We are all on tenderhooks waiting for your result :eek4: :fingers:

quandam

Quote from: Sebby on Oct 12, 2009, 16:06:41
Sky shouldn't offer non-LLU, imho. It gives them a really bad name, when their LLU offering is actually brilliant for the money.

Absolutely right! Connect is dire after 5pm and should be banned :rant2:

jrboden

The SKY BORG escape......

Returned from work yesterday expecting the household to be OFFLINE and the kids screaming we have no internet  :eek4:.........

But no.... they were all still connected, checked my mails and IDNET had said change over complete I just needed to change over my ID and password to theirs  ??? Last time I changed over I was offline for days... :dunno:

Anyway had to rip out SKY router as their flash version takes out ID and password so you can't change it, will get round to re-flashing it but already had another router, changed my ID and was on as quick as a flash :thumb:  :ok:

I could not get on to a speed test quick enough  :meldrew:

Well from the first test I was getting over 3.5 and this was at 18:00 so already the ALIENS had smashed the BORG's drip fed connection.  :solved: :bow:

I did a few tests and was getting different results but all above 3.0 so I guess it will take a bit of time for the line to sync to speed again - so hopefully will level out to 5.ish - will try a day time test later when I get back home.

Well what can I say......This was the most easiest change over I have ever done.

IDNET  :welldone: :hug: Thank you for saving me from the SKYBORG I have broadband after 5pm :cheers2: :happy:

Oh one more thing a message to SKYBORG  :bartmoon: :getout:

Cheers all

Jon

:thnks: :cheers:

Glenn

Jon, I'm sure there is room for a few more smilies in that post  :legpull: Glad that you have got the result that you wanted.
Glenn
--------------------

Lance

Great to hear it Jon! :karmic:

Let us know how it goes!
Lance
_____

David

There you go Jon welcome to a real isp  ;D

I think you are pleased  ;D ;D

Simon

Glad to hear it all went smoothly, Jon!  :thumb:
Simon.
--

Ray

Ray
--------------------

jrboden

:great: well just done my day time test and looking good getting 4.5 was getting 5.5 on SKYBORG but will let it sync a bit over next day or two but even at that day time stat I am well happy my main  :grrr: was the 5pm throttle on SKYBORG and already yesterday I was over 3.5 as unlike 0.5  :bawl:

So if it carrys on like this I am over the moon  :thumb: So starting to feel that I am getting my moneys worth and all I can from my barn yard exchange......

Configured
Current

Line Status
---
SHOWTIME

Link Type
---
Interleaved Path

[Go Top]

Data Rate:
Stream Type
Actual Data Rate

Upstream
448 (Kbps.)

Downstream
6560 (Kbps.)

[Go Top]

Operation Data / Defect Indication:
Operation Data
Upstream
Downstream

Noise Margin
17 dB
6 dB

Attenuation
40 dB
35 dB

Indicator Name
Near End Indicator
Far End Indicator

Fast Path FEC Correction

Interleaved Path FEC Correction

Fast Path CRC Error

Interleaved Path CRC Error

Loss of Signal Defect
---

Fast Path HEC Error STR

Interleaved Path HEC Error

[Go Top]

Statistics:
Received Cells

Transmitted Cells

Problem now is what am I going to get  :mad: and  :rant2: at now  :bawl:

:meldrew:

Sebby

That throughput is not too bad. You'll have a profile of 5500k and your throughput is around 82% of the profile.

David

Problem now is what am I going to get   and   at now 

Relax Jon...thats were I come in  ;D