AAISP New Prices

Started by Tacitus, Oct 09, 2009, 16:19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Just over £20 Simon
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Simon

I don't know what package you're on, but for your current usage, £26 per month seems a bit steep.
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

David

I am on basic Simon cant go any lower my next will be in soon so I will see, I may not have an option if it leaps up,it is a little confusing to be honest and I may have it wrong but considering I don't do very much at all apart from being here and sending the odd Email I am a very light user indeed I don't even use you tube that often except again on here,I would expect a little more for that amount of money 
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Steve

I ask myself what is the advantage of AAISP over IDNet. I do recall you had severe line issues which I thought were BT related when you left Idnet. If this is now corrected surely you can look elsewhere? I would not be able cope even with a daytime limit of 4Gb and conversely it doesn't matter how much off peak you give me I would never use it.
Steve
------------

David

Hi Steve I had hoped that my move over here would solve my problem which stemmed as we all know from the great switch-over.I have had my service albeit a slower speed than I enjoyed with IDNet I used to enjoy 5,500 speeds with very few disconnections.I do get almost daily disconnections here this has been blamed on  BT and it is as far as I know.
I can look elsewhere that is the joy of a 30 day contract but I don't want to change every few months and I don't use that much its just this pricing structure by the looks of it may just work out as being in effect,in my case at least a price hike.
In an ideal situation I would return to IDNet.
I think as with many things with me I need to look into the subject of downloads in more detail I guess I have not enough knowledge to even guess at what 4 GB is in terms of usage and I freely admit this.I am not grumbling either in any way just trying to get to the bottom line of this.

The line is fine now as far as I am aware and LLU is staring me in the face and yes I can get it my local exchange is enabled...... ???
Better go and do some more homework..................not having a good day

David

I have just replied to them to see if my speeds will improve for this extra money,In theory they should not however I do know the line can manage 5.500 and I no longer get this and this service boasts of up to 24 MG down and 8mg up I know this cannot happen but the reply might be interesting...It must sound like a dumb question but somewhere there is method in this

The speed would stay the same unfortunately. The premium option helps
improve the upload speed though:

Simon

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Oct 23, 2009, 13:38:46
I have been uncomfortable with this new plan and keeping a close on my log,and bearing in mind I do not download anything really and to date always underused.It bothered me enough for me to ask a question on the matter and I got the reply back with my usage.

Below is what you have used in the past 4 months including October.

Oct 2009         1.90G
Sep 2009         2.62G
Aug 2009         2.81G
Jul 2009         798M
Looking at the above figures I would even recommend transferring to the
pro4GB/100GB tariff

That would put my monthly bill up by around £6.00 which is not a problem in itself but that's quite a leap  ???

I'm slightly confused, as the way I read the above is that that you are a very light user, yet they are recommending that you go on a more expensive package.  Seems like false logic to me.  :dunno:
Simon.
--

David

Thanks Simon I thought I was being thick  ??? what wrangles is..am I being had ? I am not saying I am but it feels like it....I suddenly go from under usage to over usage.so upgrade to stay within my limit ?

Or is it me ?

Simon

:dunno:  Makes no sense to me, David.  Anyway, off to the osteopath again now!  :argh:
Simon.
--

David

Good luck...dont forget to go in the correct door this time..... :evil:

David

The speed would stay the same unfortunately. The premium option helps
improve the upload speed though:

As it has halved in a fortnight thats good news

326kbps now

783 kbps on 8th inst  :eyebrow:

David

That is coincidence just recieved my usage account and notice for the first time I have gone over and lost the underusage which I though was carried forward ?

Total usage brought forward        1.00G

Total Allowance                        1.00G

Download this period                2.02G
Usage brought forward                1.00G

Total usage this period                3.03G

Over usage to carry forward        2.03G

OffPeak period download
-----------------------

Under usage brought forward        97.3G
Under usage lost                47.3G

Total allowance brought forward        50.0G

Allowance for this period        50.0G
Allowance brought forward        50.0G
Total Allowance                        100G

Total usage this period                1.71G

Under usage to carry forward        98.2G

If you have any queries, please contact sales.

Simon

QuoteIf you have any queries, please contact sales.

:wtf:  would be mine.  :dunno:

If you were still with IDNet, you'd be paying £17.61 per month, for 40Gb (assuming ADSL2+), which is split 10Gb peak, and 30Gb off-peak.  Even on Max, you would still get 5Gb for the same price.  We know IDNet are not the cheapest provider, and I can't honestly figure what could warrant a monthly cost of £26, going by your average usage.  I know you have an increased off-peak allowance (100Gb?), and I guess they have to cover the costs of people maxing out that availability, but I don't get why they are recommending a more expensive package for you, with your usage, David.  Maybe I'm missing something, or perhaps you have confused things yourself, but it doesn't make much sense to me, as it appears above. 

:dunno:
Simon.
--

David

Under usage to carry forward        98.2G

This is what rubbed salt in Simon it seems because of the change I have been halved on a meagre limit anyway,just sent an Email asking for explanation and you guessed it I am not amused

If I could get my old speed back I would return like a shot or even equal to this crowd......I have been looking again at Be but god knows why I just don't fancy them

I will see what their reply is its possible Einstein could get confused with this method but we will see  :dunno:

Glenn

Do they do a translation into English?
Glenn
--------------------

David

Thanks Glenn I really thought it was me and was trying to get my head around it and gave up....easier to play the piano with my toes  ;D

JohnH

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Oct 23, 2009, 14:20:46
considering I don't do very much at all apart from being here

So it's our fault?  ;D

David

No I need to get out more lodge  ;D

JohnH

Trouble is that you love us all so much.  :)x

David

:hug: That I do lodge  ;D

Lance

I don't think you can ever get your old MAX sync back, David. In fact, the only posinle way to get a higher speed would be to move to someone such as Be as that would mean a physical change at the exchange.
Lance
_____

David

Yes I  am awaiting to see what the reply is but as much as I am reticent to go down this road I may have to hit the migration button on my account I think speed will improve with Be.....have been looking and I could get Be Pro for this money.
If this does work out as a confusing for me but money for them I will have no alternative.

Lance

I should have added that  the increase in upload speed is only anybreal benefit if you regularly send or upload big files. Normal day to day browsing won't be any different.
Lance
_____

David

Thanks Lance no I seldom upload anything of any great size.....I think I am bothered a little by the Be Box and I would like not to change isps every so often I just like my BB to be there and run without all this nonsense.I have never had to worry about downloads before now and I don't think I ever went over when I was with IDNet this new tariff seems to be loaded but I could be wrong but as I have not changed my surfing habits it speaks for itself...we will see I know there are a few disgruntled users at this new system  :(

Lance

Indeed looking at your usage it's quite clear you are only a light user, and the £18 Idnet package would be more than sufficient for your needs without you needing to worry about how much allowence
you've used at what time of day etc. Certainly I don't think for your level of usage I could justify £26!
Lance
_____