AAISP New Prices

Started by Tacitus, Oct 09, 2009, 16:19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

David

No and I don't mind paying a premium but not quite this high ...I think I know what to do   :bawl:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

David

I think it may be worth calling or Emailing Simon at IDNet before I make up my mind over the weekend  :fingers:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Lance

I'm sure he will be more than happy to talk to you!
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Simon

I'm sure he'd be pleased to hear from you!  ;D
Simon.
--

David

You taking the P ?  :rofl2:

Lance

I wasn't, but can't speak for Simon! ;D
Lance
_____

Simon

You know me, David.  :)x
Simon.
--

David

:rofl: :lol:......Thats why I love it here its so,,.................like excruciatingly painful at times  ;D

David

Lance

Only at times? We must try harder!!! :lol:
Lance
_____

David

You sound like the wife now  >:D

Simon

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Oct 23, 2009, 23:45:22
:rofl: :lol:......Thats why I love it here its so,,.................like excruciatingly painful at times  ;D

Well, they do say pain is close to pleasure.   :evil:
Simon.
--

David

Your rotters.I am just going up the hospital to get this mouse removed from the palm of my hand  ;D ;D
:bye:

Simon

Simon.
--

David

I have just sent an Email to IDNet to see what is on offer and if the speeds can be equlled with this lot.oopted for the Home Plus that should suit me but have not ordered yet  :fingers:

Lance

The sync speed will remain the same, David, as thatbis dependant only on your connection from the exchange to your house :)
Lance
_____

David

Thanks Lance I heard from Simon earlier,efficient as ever.it is likely I will return  :evil: :evil:

El Bunto

Wow, there was a bit of an A&A bashing going on here...

To be fair, I see their point; if BadPianoPlayer was using 3.03 GB peak in a month on the 2GB package then from their PoV someone is not paying their way and they will ask that he upgrade to the 4 GB package.  I don't see how that is a conspiracy.

A&A provide a huge amount of user-accessible data on usage and allowances, including totals per hour for every day, so I cannot accept that any subscriber could be ``surprised'' at the end of a month.  It is all there is black-and-white ( and red ) right up to the most recent full hour.

As for moving back to IDNet, bear in mind that 18:00 to 00:00 weekdays and daytime weekend hours will additionally count as peak, so keep a close eye on your usage if you have become accustomed to using the Internet at those times.  Again, check your A&A data to see when you download most, before you move, as no other ISP will offer such an insight into your usage patterns.

It's a shame you weren't happy with A&A but they have a very specific target user profile..

Steve

I think in David's defence he went to AAISP in an attempt solve his adsl 2+ line problems. Unfortunately his usual daily usage profile doesn't match economically with AAISP's pricing structure. He may only use for 4GB /month  out of a potential daytime/off peak allocation of 102Gb but then gets penalised for 2GB over usage . To pay a further £6/month in David's case surely is not sensible.
Steve
------------

David

Quote from: El Bunto on Oct 26, 2009, 07:42:56
Wow, there was a bit of an A&A bashing going on here...

To be fair, I see their point; if BadPianoPlayer was using 3.03 GB peak in a month on the 2GB package then from their PoV someone is not paying their way and they will ask that he upgrade to the 4 GB package.  I don't see how that is a conspiracy.

A&A provide a huge amount of user-accessible data on usage and allowances, including totals per hour for every day, so I cannot accept that any subscriber could be ``surprised'' at the end of a month.  It is all there is black-and-white ( and red ) right up to the most recent full hour.

As for moving back to IDNet, bear in mind that 18:00 to 00:00 weekdays and daytime weekend hours will additionally count as peak, so keep a close eye on your usage if you have become accustomed to using the Internet at those times.  Again, check your A&A data to see when you download most, before you move, as no other ISP will offer such an insight into your usage patterns.

It's a shame you weren't happy with A&A but they have a very specific target user profile..

I don't think there is any bashing going on I have never bashed any isp..well Tiscali got a bit of an earache but not that much I dont think I ever made any remarks about IDNet when I left and I am not bashing A&A its the pricing structure I don't comprehend and that would be for me to try and see what is going on the basis for this "discussion" is not to bash anyone but to just work out a new pricing tariff which from my first statement with this tariff looks to have quite an effect on what it will cost me to be online.
Now lets put things right.

The service from them is brilliant from my point of view
The speed is OK given that BT are in the chain

I could go to BE LLU but for some inexplicable reason ....I have my doubts

I have been with IDNEt and know them I would get much more download usage should I decide on returning

I dont need beath taking speeds I believe this is a bit of a myth as long as you get enough for what you want and as I dont game I think you would agree that although it may sound naive I may have a point.
In my view and I would be the first to say I know very little in this tech world.whats the point in thinking in great speeds it can only operate at a speed a particular line can manage  :dunno:unless we bring in FFTC which can be ignored for the time being.

Bottom line if I can maintain the line profile and get more use without worrying about whether or not I am going over my daily allowance then that will be the factor I guess which will help me make up my mind I am a very light user I think so anyway and it would appear that the changes
brought in recently may not be very cost effective in my case.

So no isp bashing gone on just me with my confusion and some points of view of others I honestly cant see any bashing of anyone which has occurred  :dunno:

David

I have just heard from A7A and apparently I have exceeded my download allowance since I joined so the new tarriff I guess has made little effect on me I do have some concerns however and seeking to see if I owe them any money ?  :dunno:

Sebby

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Oct 26, 2009, 11:17:26
I could go to BE LLU but for some inexplicable reason ....I have my doubts

Worth a try, I'd say. ;)

David

:hairpull: :think: Might be time to dip my toe in the pool.. :eek4:

Glenn

The water is warm this time of year  :evil:

Don't forget to go via a cashback site to reduce the overall cost
Glenn
--------------------

David

Just looking..............my web cams not on is it ? ;D

Its spooky around here at times  ;D