AAISP New Prices

Started by Tacitus, Oct 09, 2009, 16:19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacitus

Anybody that likes Sudoku, or other tests of mental agility, would do well to look at AAISPs new pricing structure.  It's just the sort of thing you need when working out whether to migrate.... ;D

bobleslie

I agree. Adrian Kennard has surpassed himself this time.  ::)
=Bob=.
Sky/Easylink LLU. Thankfully! ;-)

Sebby

I guess it does make sense, but it's something you don't really want to look at!

bobleslie

I've read it several times and I think I'm starting to understand it.

But please, don't ask me any questions as I don't have Adrian's I.Q. Apparently.  ;D
=Bob=.

quandam

The Krypton Factor returns :eek4:

Gary

For gods sake just go to Be and get a 3 mth contract without all the hassle and cost, that pricing structure wont win an award from the plain English society for its simplicity  ;D
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Steve

Can't see many Tiscali users going for that,it reads like an ASBO :hide:
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

bobleslie

=Bob=.

4Way

tbh it sounds like he's spat his dummy out. It would have been a lot simpler to just increase the allowances on the 21CN lines

Ann

Poor guy.  he thinks it's that people don't like the change when really it's just plain unintelligible!   :dunno:

dujas

Agreed, it seems way over complicated for what is mostly a 50% increase in peak time download limits if you're connected to a 21CN enabled exchange.

Aside from having the backup resilience of a second Internet connection by a different wholesaler, I still can't see any point in using them instead of 02/BE if I was a home user.

David

They have put on their blog page that if you wish to keep to the old price plan you can ...I wont even try and follow this plan I am such a light user I get an under usage every month so  :dunno:
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Gary

TBH they are in my view just way over priced, and if you cant explain a tariff change to your consumers in a simple way without an interactive calculator you should be at a star trek convention playing the character of Spock. Be is a much better option than Be complicated.

David

They are I  guess Gary,but in my case as I don't game or anything they have done OK and I don't really comprehend this change again it wont have any effect on what my monthly outlay is I will be shifting to LLU soon so leaving my options open
The service is good though I cant knock them on this VFM  :dunno:  that's subjective I guess
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

dujas

If you have no LLU options at your exchange, and are a heavy downloader, then their off peak prices are quite good value for money. Especially now that it appears Entanet are quietly applying bandwidth restrictions on top of their ALT mechanism.

David

I have LLU at my exchange and could get Be tomorrow but just taking my time on this although it looks like the only way to go in reality

dujas

If you're such a light Internet user, why not try someone like Talktalk LLU, if available, and get the broadband for free with a call package?

David

I don't want a contract which binds me for 12 months in fact not even three so after a iffy start my speeds are fairly consistent so being cautious for the time being

bobleslie

I think TT's contract is 18 months, is it not?

You have to be seriously off-balance to stand for that sort of nonsense.  ;)
=Bob=.

Gary

Quote from: dujas on Oct 10, 2009, 22:28:04
If you have no LLU options at your exchange, and are a heavy downloader, then their off peak prices are quite good value for money. Especially now that it appears Entanet are quietly applying bandwidth restrictions on top of their ALT mechanism.
I would rather eat my leg than pay their prices, I use in the day time, not at night so they are stupidly expensive for me and you have to be downloading a lot of data at night to make it worth while  :eyebrow:, not sure I like the wild ISP image either when it comes to BT, yes they are a pain but you dont openly taunt them on your website as they have in the past, to become a Be reseller is mad when you can get Be cheaper yourself and as for the pricing rational? Odd bunch.

Lance

No one ISP is right for everyone Gary. The point made was that for off-peak users the packages are more attractive than previously. For peak time such as yourself, obviously they are not as good value as other option available. 
Lance
_____

El Bunto

I think it's a very sensible approach!  Like pick-and-mix, choose your preferred combination of Units on top of the basic line service.

For example I'd go with two daytime units ( total 3GB )  and one off-peak ( 100GB ) to match my usage pattern.

The CEO of Verizon in the US recently suggested adopting a scheme like this and I do think it is better for the ISP and the customer.   The former because they can calculate anticipated throughput and the latter because they only pay for what they intend to use.

bobleslie

Yes, I feel the same. It looks like I'll soon be able to slip down a notch in the subscriptions for peak and with the same allowance for off-peak. 
=Bob=.

David

I have been uncomfortable with this new plan and keeping a close on my log,and bearing in mind I do not download anything really and to date always underused.It bothered me enough for me to ask a question on the matter and I got the reply back with my usage.

Below is what you have used in the past 4 months including October.

Oct 2009         1.90G
Sep 2009         2.62G
Aug 2009         2.81G
Jul 2009         798M
Looking at the above figures I would even recommend transferring to the
pro4GB/100GB tariff

That would put my monthly bill up by around £6.00 which is not a problem in itself but that's quite a leap  ???

Simon

Can I ask what you're paying now, David?
Simon.
--