Started by Tacitus, Oct 09, 2009, 16:19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Nov 25, 2009, 19:46:26
:stars: :hide: I will just pay

If you're just paying without question, can I send you a bill too?  :)x
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

David

You have more chance if you send me units Simon  ;D
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Lona

I thought you had moved to Zen, David.  Why don't you just move back to idnet.  I'm sure they have a low rate for light users.

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

David

No I have not tried Zen yet but I have to be fair a lot of issues are really BT congested lines...I was tempted to try O2 but a few comments put paid to that...IDNet are not off my list at all but I guess whoever provides the service still have the lines to use.except BE which I just dont fancy but dont know why  :dunno: call it intuition  ;D
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Lona

Sandra over at pc-pals is with BE and she loves it.

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Gary

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Nov 25, 2009, 21:43:01
No I have not tried Zen yet but I have to be fair a lot of issues are really BT congested lines...I was tempted to try O2 but a few comments put paid to that...IDNet are not off my list at all but I guess whoever provides the service still have the lines to use.except BE which I just dont fancy but dont know why  :dunno: call it intuition  ;D
I was on the Be Network with O2LLU and it was great (not the BT access) Be are a good LLU provider, you could not do wrong going with them, like Lona says most of the users are very happy, great speeds and very reliable, but cheaper to go via Be direct than through AAISP
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

What's your sync speed, David?
Rik
--------------------

Gary

I didnt gain a whole lot being on LLU at my last house as the ATT was 43db so it went up to 50 I think on LLU but the line did not drop in the evening so I achieved what I needed.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

David

Quote from: Rik on Nov 26, 2009, 10:38:48
What's your sync speed, David?

Sync   BRAS
23 Mon 17:32:32   5120K   adsl4500   4500K
20 Nov   5696K   adsl5000   5000K
05 Oct   5120K   adsl4500   4500K
04 Oct 09:59:57   5696K   adsl5000   5000K
02 Oct 23:23:55   4544K   adsl4000   4000K
02 Oct 23:04:00   5120K   adsl4500   4500K
27 Sep 01:14:11   5120K   adsl4500   4500K
20 Sep   5696K   adsl5000   5000K
17 Sep 11:11:11   4000K   adsl3500   3500K
15 Sep 00:03:59   5120K   adsl4500   4500K

These ? it got so slow last night I nearly gave up although TB gave me 2.2 Meg...I knew that to be incorrect tried a BT test and that just froze and gave message sending report to your isp ...

Rik

That is terrible throughput for the sync speed, then. Time to come back to IDNet?
Rik
--------------------

David

If they can better this...I will order it without hesitation

Rik

Ask them. I don't see why they shouldn't be able to.
Rik
--------------------

David

As long as the speed stays at around the 4.5 meg I have given A&A lots of opportunity but feel I cant email again as I am told to watch the blog which I have done.....but its not exactly interactive is it and I personally don't feel that important to them unlike IDNet they were always so kind and courteous and on first name terms at that

Rik

I know where I'd rather be, David.  :)
Rik
--------------------

dujas

From their unit pricing, it's disappointing that BT Wholesale have priced FTTC the same as 21CN ADSL2, LLU continues to be more attractive.

Sebby

Quote from: Rik on Nov 26, 2009, 13:13:46
I know where I'd rather be, David.  :)

La isla bonita? ;D :out:

Rik

More likely Skye, Seb. ;D
Rik
--------------------

Sebby

David

26/11/09 20:24:51
Speed Down   847.43 Kbps ( 0.8 Mbps )
Speed Up   644.39 Kbps ( 0.6 Mbps )

This is dire tonight and some pages just wont load for me....!! :shake:

Ann

I want to meet the guy who runs AAISP.. I bet he's a character.  His pricing structure is logical but oh so not customer friendly.  He knows nothing about customer psychology obviously.  Nobody is going to join up with that sort of system.  At first glance, which is all I managed without going crosseyed (which was difficult with my being monocular) his prices seem very high too so one glance was enough for me to think.. no way.

bobleslie

David, just pop into your Control Panel, click on your phone number in the 'Change' tab and order proper BT Line tests by clicking the 'Line Test' option. Your line will be dropped at some point during this process. See what it comes back with.

Results will be recorded, and you can then discuss with Support if necessary.
=Bob=.
Sky/Easylink LLU. Thankfully! ;-)

bobleslie

Anne, if you pile on the downloads M-F 9-6 ( i.e. Office hours ) they are expensive.

Outside those hours they're pretty good value for money with 100 GB monthly allowance.

If you want to follow RevK's Ravings then click here;D
=Bob=.

Ann

2 units £17.56 a month.. that ain't cheap.  IDNet guys pay that for a helluva lot more.  I pay £13.50 for whatever I use.  It's expensive.. no getting away from it.

bobleslie

Only if you use both those 2 units completely and only M-F 9-6. If you work normal office hours away from home, Peak rates will not affect you because you won't be using it during the peak time.

Outside those office times those 2 units are worth at least 200GB monthly.  Which is way over what any BT-based non-unlimited non-LLU ISP has to offer for £17 approx. p.m.

In my own case, I'm around during the day, I pay just over £20 p.m. on BT21CN for which I get 3 units.  I use approx. 2-2.5 GB peak, so 2 units sees me o.k. for peak usage, and the third unit gives me at least 100 GB outside those times. I can now use either or both to subsidise each other, though at different rates of usage. Underusage of units is carried over.

The relevant information is detailed here.

I do agree that if you use a lot of peak time units you're soon going to get stuffed. Apart from that scenario, and LLU, which is irrelevant here, it happens to be a very good deal. Actually.

=Bob=.

El Bunto

Quote from: Ann on Nov 26, 2009, 21:20:30
I want to meet the guy who runs AAISP.. I bet he's a character. 

Have a chat with him on IRC!  The connection details are on the AAISP pages.  Or comment on his blog postings at www.me.uk.

Quote from: Ann on Nov 26, 2009, 21:20:30
His pricing structure is logical but oh so not customer friendly.  ... Nobody is going to join up with that sort of system. 

Well, the pricing scheme certainly made me jump-ship from ID Net, particularly as it does not penalise for evening and weekend usage.  And if I'm at home in peak-time and need to do some serious downloading I can draw on the reserve of off-peak allowance, simply by using the circuit!  It is incredibly flexible.

Thanks to AAISP's proactive attitude I now have an LLU circuit ( with full control over line performance ) and have never been happier with any ISP, but that had not been my consideration at the time of migration.

I do still drop-by here to see how ID Net is faring.