The fragility of ADSL

Started by kinmel, Nov 08, 2009, 18:13:06

Previous topic - Next topic

kinmel

A few weeks ago my 2700HGV suddenly started to connect at an almost 1 meg lower sync rate, still at 6dB with an attenuation of 59.8 but now only 3780 instead of about 4608 as previously.

The phone line was a bit noisy at times, but never consistent and I could not improve the connection.

An ATX power supply failed yesterday, so I swapped it out for a new one and soon afterwards re-booted everything including my router and low and behold my 4608 sync rate is back  ;D
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Rik

Power supplies should come with an ADSL health warning, Alan. Thanks for the alert.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Sebby

The 2700s seem to all suffer with failed PSUs at some point. Good to know, Alan. :thumb:

Rik

I assumed it was a computer PSU, Seb (ATX?).
Rik
--------------------

kinmel

Quote from: Rik on Nov 08, 2009, 19:26:04
I assumed it was a computer PSU, Seb (ATX?).

Indeed it was a bog standard ATX
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Simon

But Seb is right, the 2700 PSUs do seem particularly fragile.  :)
Simon.
--

Sebby

Oops, haven't read the thread properly once again. What is wrong with me tonight? I must be tired (that's my excuse anyway). ;D

I think I remember someone else having a problem with their computer's PSU affecting their ADSL. Was it LesD?

Lance

You're right Seb, there was certainly someone else, but I can remember who!
Lance
_____

Simon

I think Les's was his 2700 PSU, but I could be wrong.
Simon.
--

D-Dan

I had a problem with an LCD monitor affecting my connection - with both a Netgear DG834 V3 and Speedtouch 585v6, and it took me 6 weeks to work out what the problem was. (If it was my main monitor I'd probably still be none the wiser) - so no-one should be complacent about electrical interference.

Steve
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

Rik

Thanks for putting us out of our misery, Steve. (I knew all the time, of course.  :whistle:)
Rik
--------------------