A VERY happy NEW IDNetter Escapee from O2 Access (non-LLU)

Started by T_M_D, Nov 13, 2009, 21:34:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

It's what makes us tick, Tina. We are all looking for the same thing. (Did you spot my suggestion on your Sky box and UPS btw?)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Lona

Just send them a bottle of your special wine with Sherry tops, Tina.  ;)

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

T_M_D

Quote from: Rik link=topic=17153.msg409115#msg 409115 date=1258303631
Don't forget the brains. ;) As you may have gathered, we tend to be foodies here (hence The Pantry) and Donald Russell is an online butcher popular with many of us.

Lol- Yes, very good, Brains is def a good name for them. I might give Donald a try then - I fancy treating myself to something nice for Christmas. I am certainly getting a lot of good stuff out of this forum  :thnks: :karma:
Tina

T_M_D

Quote from: Rik on Nov 15, 2009, 16:52:19
It's what makes us tick, Tina. We are all looking for the same thing. (Did you spot my suggestion on your Sky box and UPS btw?)

Yes I did Rik, thanks. I have replied. :)
Tina

Rik

Thanks. We can recommend almost everything on their site except the ready meals, which seem a bit bland. If you want to go mad for Xmas, their goose is very good, or you can do what we are, and go for a whole fillet. Or even this:

http://www.donaldrussell.com/p/ShopByCategory_Butchers/D462.htm
Rik
--------------------

T_M_D

Quote from: Rik on Nov 15, 2009, 16:59:02
Thanks. We can recommend almost everything on their site except the ready meals, which seem a bit bland. If you want to go mad for Xmas, their goose is very good, or you can do what we are, and go for a whole fillet. Or even this:

http://www.donaldrussell.com/p/ShopByCategory_Butchers/D462.htm

Looks very nice indeed. However, I am going it alone this year and I think that is a bit much for one. I really hate smoked salmon or any smoked fish, but I love all other fish and shellfish and definitely appreciate good beef. I will probably go for some nice beef for my Christmas dinner. I have never had goose, can it be likened to other eating birds such as duck?
Tina

Rik

It's richer than duck or turkey, I'd describe it as an acquired taste.

Think about a Chateaubriand, they are delightful cuts, brilliant cold too. If you prefer a standard roast, the mini top rump is perfect for 2, so plenty for one. We'd also recommend the ribeye, heart of rump and sirloin roasts. However, DR recognise that not everyone needs big joints, so they tand to have the minis in all meats. They cook in minutes, are tender and full of flavour (trust the cooking instructions they supply, utter perfection every time!)

http://www.donaldrussell.com/p/ShopByCategory_Beef_Beef%20Roasting%20Joints/B547.htm

Incidentally, the forum tends to be quite lively on Christmas Day, we feel like family, so we gather for a virtual drink and exchange of greetings. :)
Rik
--------------------

Simon

The mini roasts are just right for one, Tina, and you'll have some left over.  I had one for lunch today, and it was great, as usual.  I'd also recommend the short saddles of lamb, but keep your eye on the Butcher's Specials, as often offer quite good discounts. :)  
Simon.
--

T_M_D

Quote from: Rik on Nov 15, 2009, 17:13:17
It's richer than duck or turkey, I'd describe it as an acquired taste.

Incidentally, the forum tends to be quite lively on Christmas Day, we feel like family, so we gather for a virtual drink and exchange of greetings. :)

Thanks for the advice Rik, I have noted it. I might just join in the fun Christmas Day for a while after Christmas chats with friends and family. It sounds fun  :)
Tina

Tacitus

Quote from: Rik on Nov 15, 2009, 16:40:52
........many people here will tell you it's not unusual to get an email from Simon at 4 in the morning, and he personally intervened to check the state of the order for another customer-to-be this weekend.

I recently posted here regarding a massive increase in pings when I tried to transfer to the new hostlink.  Rik suggested I ring support, but before I had time to do it - only about 30 minutes after my post - I had a phone call from Simon.  He identified the problem and, forced a disconnect at the exchange. I rebooted at my end which moved me over to the new Hostlink and, pings returned to normal.  

It's that sort of service that makes us loyal customers.   :)

T_M_D

Quote from: Tacitus on Nov 16, 2009, 09:34:52
It's that sort of service that makes us loyal customers.   :)

I can absolutely see what you mean. I really, really appreciate good customer care and people going the extra mile for me, I will stay loyal forever to any company with that kind of service.  :thumb: Tina.
Tina