Router huh !

Started by David, Nov 30, 2009, 00:25:26

Previous topic - Next topic

David

I have just changed over to my old 2 wire expecting to reconfigure but its come straight online what have I done wrong ?
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Simon

What log in details are in it?  Have you never used it with AA, even when they were fault finding?
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

David

No Simon never used it with A&A and according to my log I have been off line for the past 40 minutes.......shall I try and log into my IDNet account ...no thats insane
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

David

Well I dont know I will leave it connected and tomorrow will be interesting to see if anyone can explain this..it seems crazy but I have limited knowledge with routers...well with everything really but it makes no sense.......I am wondering (grasping at straws if it has any bearing on my speed issues )  :dunno:
At the time of turning off I am not on-line with my isp ...according to my log... :dunno:
I have heard of people having big issues trying to configure a router and get online...this is the total opposite...it could only happen to me  ;D ;D

Gary

Did you ever leave Idnet?  ;)
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Steve

Perhaps a new role for the 2 wire free internet access ;D
Steve
------------

Gary

Quote from: stevethegas on Nov 30, 2009, 07:23:01
Perhaps a new role for the 2 wire free internet access ;D
:lol:
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

David

Well I have checked my log and according to that I am not on-line perhaps I have hacked in without knowing it...hope I don't get extradited..This goes against everything I thought I had learned  :dunno: must try a speed test

Rik

BT have failed to delete the record which allowed the IDNet connection, David.
Rik
--------------------

Steve

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Nov 30, 2009, 09:19:13
Well I have checked my log and according to that I am not on-line perhaps I have hacked in without knowing it...hope I don't get extradited..This goes against everything I thought I had learned  :dunno: must try a speed test

Quick before they find out ;D
Steve
------------

David

I guess I better download the biggest file I can find  ;D Rik where was your Christmas card list  ;D

On a more serious note,could this in any way impact on the speed ? would there not be a conflict in some way or another ?

David

Quote from: Rik on Nov 30, 2009, 09:22:26
BT have failed to delete the record which allowed the IDNet connection, David.

I wonder what I should do now ? :whistle:

Rik

Quote from: badpianoplayer on Nov 30, 2009, 09:38:09
On a more serious note,could this in any way impact on the speed ? would there not be a conflict in some way or another ?

No, because the sequence is connect physically (sync), connect virtually (log in to ISP). Technically, it's quite possible to have several ISPs on one line (has to the the same type of service, eg WBC, of course), and to switch between them. BT, for their own reasons, generally block this.
Rik
--------------------

David

I guess I had better tell my isp then...but I have a lot of shopping to get in a short while,and have to line up to tax the car and get a shedload of presents for my children...happy days...still it gets the poor old soul out  ;D

Glenn

Tax the car online, it's far easier
Glenn
--------------------

Rik

It will get sorted...
Rik
--------------------

David

I know..in a couple of hours it will all be done  ;D..I happen tolike shopping...especially for presents for others  ;D

Rik

I hate shopping, unless I can do it online. :)
Rik
--------------------