Is IDNET now poor value for money ?

Started by cs2008, Dec 09, 2009, 11:46:12

Previous topic - Next topic

ReDGryphoN

Dave,

I felt your pain.

I was in your position and would occassionally go over the 5Gb limit (I play Lotro and once a new digital expansion was announced, bang there goes my allowance) but more often than not I was well under the 5Gb limit.

I was considering a move away to get more than 5Gb and Newnet are a good option (if you dont use Photobox like I do now!!) as I could not justify the hike to get teh next Idnet package up.

I was saved by moving to WBC with IDNET and for the same money got a much larger donwload limit, even though on my very long line it was marginal if it would work. I gained no more speed but was only concerned about the increased download limit.

I guess I am lucky BUT if it had not worked and IDNET were not able to increase the 5Gb limit then I too would have to consider other non IDNET options.

I have been with IDNET for a few years now and rate them very very highly, I see no reason ever to leave and luckily do not have to now.

I wish you well and can only hope you find a suitable solution.

Regards

Richard
BILLION 8800NL USER FTTP

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
Henry David Thoreau

Technical Ben

I said it before,  and I will say it again. IDNet offer the prices and download limits to fit the service they CAN deliver.
I cannot comment on all providers, just on O2. They offer the undercut price, and the extra unlimited bandwidth. However, they CANNOT deliver that service. Hence the bottleneck slowdowns and disconnects on their HomeBroadband service.

I know of a lot of companies (Banking industry anyone?!) who promise the world to the customers, when they already know they have sold out. They just hope the customer does not download, or check their account, want the delivery, or ask for a service before the company gets things sorted and the product on the shelves.
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Gary

Quote from: Technical Ben on Jan 05, 2010, 19:28:16
I said it before,  and I will say it again. IDNet offer the prices and download limits to fit the service they CAN deliver.
I cannot comment on all providers, just on O2. They offer the undercut price, and the extra unlimited bandwidth. However, they CANNOT deliver that service. Hence the bottleneck slowdowns and disconnects on their HomeBroadband service.

I know of a lot of companies (Banking industry anyone?!) who promise the world to the customers, when they already know they have sold out. They just hope the customer does not download, or check their account, want the delivery, or ask for a service before the company gets things sorted and the product on the shelves.
Thats more so on the Home access package which is BT based, there LLU is much better as its running of Be's network which they bought
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Technical Ben

I agree there. If O2 had LLU on my exchange, I would have no problems. At least as long as O2 don't make the same mistake again. However, you are not being fair there. IDNet have a fair extra ammount of bandwidth allowance on their equivalent (21cn wbc asdl2+).
So your comparing Other LLU providers to IDNets ASDL resell product and complaining IDNet are not as good? If you use compare LLU providers ASDL resell product, it's not even usable most of the time. (Sky free home, O2 home access, Etranet etc!)  ;)

However, if you think IDNet are not the best deal for the entry levels of product, then that is a fair opinion. They also seem to have a few gaps in the pricing/usage limits, as it jumps from 5gb to 30gb with no option in between. I'd love a 15gb package. :/
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

davej99

Quote from: Technical Ben on Jan 07, 2010, 10:30:22
They [IDNET] also seem to have a few gaps in the pricing/usage limits, as it jumps from 5gb to 30gb with no option in between. I'd love a 15gb package.
I would be good to see IDNET review ADSL pricing and it has been suggested that this may happen. However, scope may be limited because of BT's pricing policy. I agree with Ben and think that a package that sits in the gap between 5 and 30GB is a useful alternative for some of us, perhaps re-jigging the ADSL packages a bit at the same time. I would be reluctant to jump ship to a cheaper provider and get hit with peak time congestion, which seems common among the large ISPs and unproven with others.

Rik

IDNet are listening to customers...
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

davej99

Quote from: Rik on Jan 07, 2010, 11:15:39
IDNet are listening to customers...
All the evidence supports that. My observation is that the company also puts its case openly. In return we customers should listen carefully and be reasonable in what we ask for. A little give and take goes a long way.

Rik

That's what we aim to do in the forum, create a platform for debate that allows IDNet to get customer feedback on a range of issues. ;)
Rik
--------------------

davej99

Rik

Rik
--------------------