Which is the best Wireless Router

Started by bridgej, Dec 15, 2009, 22:59:56

Previous topic - Next topic

bridgej

Having put up with 'no access to network' etc since switching to Windows 7 with the Netgear DG834Gv4 router and the only way of reconnecting is by repowering the router, which other routers are recommended for use with ADSL2+ as I'm now thinking of buying a new one -

Thanks in advance

Gary

Quote from: bridgej on Dec 15, 2009, 22:59:56
Having put up with 'no access to network' etc since switching to Windows 7 with the Netgear DG834Gv4 router and the only way of reconnecting is by repowering the router, which other routers are recommended for use with ADSL2+ as I'm now thinking of buying a new one -

Thanks in advance
Have you checked the Netgear forums or done a google search to see if there are any issues? Also check to see if there are any new drivers for your NIC as a few people have had issues until they upgraded their NIC drivers.

Remember Windows 7 is a new OS it will have bugs and manufacturers have to get out new stable drivers, being at the bleeding edge of any new OS will give you a bit of a bumpy ride, that's why many wait for a few months or till the first service pack for these to be sorted. But I would check firmware and see if your computer has new drivers first before changing router. Also does the actual session drop or does Windows loose the router?

Check here to see if any of this helps http://capitalhead.com/articles/windows-7-wireless-%28wi-fi%29-not-working-problem-missing-listing-detecting-access-point-in-x64-and-x86.aspx
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

D-Dan

Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

bridgej

Tried upgrading the firmware to v14, but now my VOIP Philips 3211s/5 doesn't work properly, this is the same problem as v12. It didnt fix the 'no connection' issue either.

I have reverted to v9

Rik

Thanks for that, it may help others to avoid the problem.  :thumb:
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.