AAISP's Christmas Gift....

Started by Tacitus, Dec 17, 2009, 12:11:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacitus

Looks like AAISP are giving customers unmetered bandwidth during the holiday period.   :)

Now if iDNet were to do the same, I'm sure their largesse would be gratefully appreciated  ;D

Gary

Quote from: Tacitus on Dec 17, 2009, 12:11:33
Looks like AAISP are giving customers unmetered bandwidth during the holiday period.   :)

Now if iDNet were to do the same, I'm sure their largesse would be gratefully appreciated  ;D

Saying that, considering how much AAISP charge, they may well be able to afford to give that away :evil:
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Tacitus

Quote from: Gary on Dec 17, 2009, 12:24:34
.......considering how much AAISP charge, they may well be able to afford to give that away :evil:

Good point Gary  :) I've always thought their prices were not particularly competitive.  As justification they push the idea they can reach parts of BT that others can't, but I've never been wholly convinced.

Nice gesture though  :)

cavillas

Quote from: Tacitus on Dec 17, 2009, 13:30:12
As justification they push the idea they can reach parts of BT that others can't

The'll never reach me though. ;D
------
Alf :)

Gary

Quote from: Tacitus on Dec 17, 2009, 13:30:12
Good point Gary  :) I've always thought their prices were not particularly competitive.  As justification they push the idea they can reach parts of BT that others can't, but I've never been wholly convinced.

Nice gesture though  :)

It is a nice gesture, and one that you will never see from the  big ISP's
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Sebby

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

David

Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

David

No not yet I have recieved log in etc but no date for the changeover,thats why I got a new router but I have others to use if the changeover comes first.

I saw the FREE gift before getting the code...and it didn't impress me  :dunno: why
Many hammer all over the wall and believe that with each blow they hit the nail on the head.

bobleslie

Well, it put a wider smile on my face.  ;D
=Bob=.
Sky/Easylink LLU. Thankfully! ;-)

David

Rik

Quote from: David on Dec 17, 2009, 16:28:32
No not yet I have recieved log in etc but no date for the changeover,thats why I got a new router but I have others to use if the changeover comes first.

How does December 22, grab you, David?
Rik
--------------------

David

By the short and curlys... that's brilliant actually better than I could have expected  :thumb:

David

Wonder If I can have my old Email back...I can use office mail again or whatever its called  :red:

Rik

Probably, I doubt it's been repatriated yet, phone or email support.
Rik
--------------------

David

bobleslie

=Bob=.

David

:eek4:.................................. :lol:

nowster

Having worked for an ADSL ISP, the Christmas period is usually slack, with most business customers generating little or no network traffic. Watching the throughput stats, you can see the usage ramp down as you approach Christmas Day, and ramp up again following New Year.

Rik

Hi and welcome to the forum. :welc: :karma:

I think that's why A&A and IDNet feel able to make this gesture. It's good for residential customers though. :)
Rik
--------------------

nowster

Can I have a pedant point, too? It's "Cead mille failte". (I might even hazard a guess that you know Welsh, as "ceud" would have the same pronunciation in Welsh.)

David

:karma: :welcome: from the quietest one here  ;)

Rik

Quote from: nowster on Dec 18, 2009, 20:12:44
Can I have a pedant point, too? It's "Cead mille failte". (I might even hazard a guess that you know Welsh, as "ceud" would have the same pronunciation in Welsh.)

Like most Gaelic written in unaccented English, there's a variety of spellings in use, for example:

http://www.sheffieldcaledonians.co.uk/

:)
Rik
--------------------

bobleslie

15 all! Nowster to serve.    :hehe:
=Bob=.