IDNet are the best!

Started by JD_LincsUK, Dec 26, 2009, 09:41:11

Previous topic - Next topic

JD_LincsUK

Hey Guys,

merry Chrimbo - what's left of it' and a happy new year to all, I just wanted to stop by and say how immensely impressed and happy I am at the level of performance over Xmas of the broadband connection.

I expected things to slow down, as they have done every Xmas (and other holidays) since I've been on the net and sort of suspected that that was the reason behind the 'free bandwidth from Xmas to New Year' announcement, to offset the frustration of an overcrowded system.

However, I have been able to go about my normal activities with nary a care as the download speeds, in particular, have been outstanding and the browsing experience as a whole has been exemplary! My sales bargains are already in the bag (or my hard drive, the downloadable ones ;)  )

Well done, IDNet - you set the standard!

Wishing you all a "SuperFast" 2010, arf!  :D

JD  :thumb:

(Yes - to me, this is fast - if you knew my internet history, you'd appreciate that....)

Rik

And to you, JD. :) You've actually got a faster line than me, btw. ;)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Niall

Yeah I was worried about the free thing. I imagined the network to struggle due to not having to worry about going over limits, etc.

I spent from about 9pm to 1am last night watching lots of Dr Who on iplayer and it all streamed down without any problems/buffering, etc. My connection is stable, fast and reliable as usual. I've actually taken the opportunity to update things I normally leave unless needed, like games I don't play (currently downloading an 800mb patch for WoW). It's saved so much time not having to stop and think about the bandwidth!

A big thumbs up from me. Now to watch some (more) random nonsense on iplayer as my aerial in my room seems to have lost the will to receive most channels!
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Technical Ben

Yep. IDNet are the best! I've had 7mb~ over all the holidays. Been downloading some bargains off of Steam. Got Grid. It's 12gb. I got it Thursday, but only had the pc on periodically, but only took a couple of hours to download. Been trying to get the speed test to show 7mb again, but this is the best link I have.  :laugh:

I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Colin Burns

the network may slow down a little bit now as ive just sorted out my new computer and am going to be downloading all my steam games as i cant find the discs.

At least it shouldnt be as bad as the last time i let loose on my internet connection.....

sorry  :back:

Technical Ben

Oh. Did you not just backup/copy off the old HDD? That's what I did. It's quicker and easy as pie. That's if the old disk is not formatted.
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

JD_LincsUK

New Year's Eve and my speed has just increased!

Nice job - been downloading Black Shark tutorial videos and barely noticed the transfers, they went so quick!

HNY all :D

JD

BrianM

Glad you're happy JD, i also have experienced no loss of speed, or any problems at all over the Christmas Hols'.
The profile for my line is 4000 Kbps so well pleased.

:hny2:
Brian

Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them.

davej99

Funnily enough I ran some speed checks over Christmas. I guess I was interested to know if unlimited downloading would slow things down. I got my usual 6000+ over BT, though some of the speed check sites looked a bit congested. So well done IDNET.

Steve

I think a quite spell from business users during this period meant home users were fairly well protected from any possible IDNet congestion . BT took care of the rest.  >:D
Steve
------------

Rik

:lol:

Especially for those on the Peterborough node.
Rik
--------------------

D-Dan

What is this "Christmas" you speak of. Is it a new threat to our broadband infrastructure that MicroMart has not yet reported? Should I be worried about it?

I've noticed no degradation in the past month. Am I immune from it?

Steve
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

Rik

Apparently, since your decorations are still up after 12th night, Steve. :)
Rik
--------------------

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Jan 08, 2010, 09:56:24
Apparently, since your decorations are still up after 12th night, Steve. :)
Ours came down new years day, much to Justina's indignation
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

Rik
--------------------