Downstream Rate: 9301 kbps
Upstream Rate: 1035 kbps
Downstream Margin: 11 db
Upstream Margin: 4 db
Downstream Line Attenuation: 34 db
Upstream Line Attenuation: 9 db
Downstream Transmit Power: 12 db
Upstream Transmit Power: 21 db

I nearly always synced between 7900-8136   on Max so my current sync seems a little low.
Its only been 3 days but was hoping for a little more speed :)

Rik

I've gained just 500k from WBC, every line is different and lines are more sensitive to noise with ADSL2+. IAC, you're in a new training period, so you need to be patient for a week or so. ;)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Slyman

Well the speed went up but then it all went wrong :(
Started losing connection and every time the phone was in use it would drop.
I am now suffering this

Your DSL Connection Rate :7864 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 883 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 6500 Kbps

DSL Status: Connected
DSL Modulation Mode: ADSL2+
DSL Path Mode: Interleaved
Downstream Rate: 7865 kbps
Upstream Rate: 883 kbps
Downstream Margin: 14 db
Upstream Margin: 9 db
Downstream Line Attenuation: 34 db
Upstream Line Attenuation: 9 db
Downstream Transmit Power: 12 db
Upstream Transmit Power: 21 db

May have to go back to max !

Steve

Hi

Have you read here http://www.idnetters.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=18592.msg448641#msg448641 another disconnect on ring but personally I've not heard about this supposed UK wide issue. We know adsl2+ is more sensitive to the effects of noise than adslmax so all I can suggest is re check internal wiring and equipment looking especially at filters(some older filters may not be adsl2+ compatible)and known sources of interference.
Steve
------------

Slyman

The connection was OK when the phone rang, it dropped when the phone was in use.
No internal wiring and filter plugged into test socket.
Have tried several filters but will buy new faceplate/filter combo.
Phoned support (getting slow, took 6 rings!) he suggested it may be the card that I'm connected to at the exchange and will raise with BT.
To me it looks like they just dropped my profile to keep the line stable

Steve

I think support have had people off sick recently with the seasonal ailments but at least you've got a response of forwarding the issue to BT.I understand that hopefully sometime in the next few months IDNet will have some control over adsl2+line parameters.
Steve
------------

Slyman

It seems Interleaving and a 6.5k profile is the solution BT went for and it will not change !
According to support I have no other choice than to switch to a max signal to get interleaving off  :mad:
I have changed my filter to XTE-2005 Master Faceplate but wont get a chance to see if it made any difference.
Back when I first switched to Max I had line issues, I was put back to 2meg for a week then regraded to max to reset profile.
Very strange that new super ADSL2+ is a step back for me, its not as if my line stats are marginal  >:(

Steve

I think interleave on ADSL2+ is different than on max I've read somewhere that all ADSL2+ connections have a degree of interleave but this may not be correct. However ping times are usually better on ADSL2+ than adslmax for the same connection.
Steve
------------

Rik

Hi Slyman

It might be worth (a) trying a different phone to see if that's generating noise and (b) a different router. ADSL2+ is way more sensitive to noise than Max, but within the next few months iDNet will be able to set parameters directly. I'm on the trial for this (it's closed now, so don't ask ;)), and they've been able to tweak an extra 1M (40%) from my line.
Rik
--------------------