Interesting insight to BT

Started by Lance, Feb 13, 2010, 00:16:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance

The partnership for whom I'm the finance partner (as Essex County Council are accountable body) had their board meeting last Thursday at BT's Adastral Park. As part of the meeting, BT were invited to give a presentation on Broadband, to cover emerging technology and reach of the network (which is the partnership's key concern).

One of the facts I can remember off the top of my head is that the average cost for upgrading an exchange to ADSL2+ is £250,000 and on average each street cabinet serves approximately 300 customers. I'll post some more stats regarding planned FTTC and FTTP rollout when I dig out my notes in the office next week!

Adastral park, for those who don't know, is where BT develop future technology and showcase some of it. I was fortunate enough to be shown round two of the showcases and it is amazing what technology already exists.
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Simon

QuoteAdastral park, for those who don't know, is where BT develop future technology and showcase some of it. I was fortunate enough to be shown round two of the showcases and it is amazing what technology already exists.

But do they know what to do with it?  ;)
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Niall

They've peed away so much of their profits on seemingly nothing for the last 20 years, I doubt they could afford the staff that do.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy