Den! Den!

Started by Niall, Jan 18, 2010, 19:04:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Niall

Our exchange just got upgraded! ;D

That's two months early :)

I've sent support a reply querying if my router works with it, and about the payment to switch but I want to play with new stuff. As I don't rely on my connection as much as I used to, the training period being wonky (which I expect on a newly upgraded exchange) shouldn't be much of a problem.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

It's about £12.65 to switch, from memory, Niall. What router do you have?
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Den

Gresford Exchange:   BT have advised that no current planned date for WBC on 21CN exists   :bawl: I'ts only about 3 mile from the Wrexham exchange  :mad:
Mr Music Man.

Niall

Quote from: Rik on Jan 18, 2010, 19:06:40
It's about £12.65 to switch, from memory, Niall. What router do you have?

DG834G but I'm not sure of the revision. I think it's a v3. I can't find the box anywhere, although I know I have it. It must be lost amongst all the Christmas rubbish and debris from having the plumbers & fitters in. Burst pipes are awesome. As for the payment, I was wondering about when it's due as I'm TOTALLY skint after Christmas!
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Glenn

Niall, it should tell you the version number on the label attached to the router.
Glenn
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: Niall on Jan 18, 2010, 20:01:07
As for the payment, I was wondering about when it's due as I'm TOTALLY skint after Christmas!

From memory, I was billed with the following month's invoice.
Rik
--------------------

Noreen

I use a wired connection Netgear DG834v3 (firmware 4.01.40) and it works well with ADSL2+. As stated above, the version number is on the base of the router and the firmware details can be accessed in the software.

rgt247

Quote from: Niall on Jan 18, 2010, 19:04:16
Our exchange just got upgraded! ;D

That's two months early :)

How did you find out ? No updated information on Samknows which says 30th March 2010.

The date for me is still 30th March 2011  :bawl:

Cheers
Rich

Plusnet :P

Rik

The IDNet portal will show it.
Rik
--------------------

rgt247

Cheers Rik !

I will just have to wait only a year away now !!!!!
Rich

Plusnet :P

Glenn

Rich, at least you have a date.
Glenn
--------------------

Niall

Quote from: Rik on Jan 19, 2010, 11:31:31
The IDNet portal will show it.

IDnet support emailed me actually :)
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Niall

;D

My only concern now is the router. When I first got it, there was a newer firmware out and I tried to upgrade it but the router wouldn't accept it. I'll have another go in a minute, but I have a vague memory of their being something faulty about this router when I got it, but I couldn't be bothered to send it back as it worked :D
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

Make sure you use IE if you flash it, Niall.
Rik
--------------------

Niall

Too late :P

It's updated now. I think I used Firefox last time too, which is probably why I thought it didn't work as the router doesn't refresh the page in Firefox. Oh the router is the 834GT not the G. Who knew? ;D Oh and I've requested the switch to the new fangled thingy too :D
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Niall

I've had a reply today and have a date of 27/01/10 for switch over. I've also had a refund for my latest invoice  ??? I assume that this is because the bill will be recalculated once the new line goes live and combine payment for both? I don't seem to be able to catch support while I'm at work as I can't access my emails from work. Not that it's a big deal, it's just like Christmas having to wait a few more hours for a reply :D
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

Not sure, Niall...
Rik
--------------------

Niall

Does this new gubbins have interleaving off by default, or on by default, or does IDnet just look at what you've got now and duplicate it?

It occurred to me last night that interleaving was on when I got my first line and had to ask for it off. I can send them an email, so it's no bother, I just don't want to pester them for no reason :)
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

It did for me - complete new training period.
Rik
--------------------

Niall

Rather than start another thread, does the Zyxel 660H-61  router have issues with this new 21cn stuff? The only thing I've found is a thread on plusnet forums where one person doesn't have problems, another has what looks like a stuck profile and some others saying they had to get a specific router from Plusnet for it to work correctly as the Zyxel has horrendous sync issues.

I only ask as my sisters other half is going to switch and is also on IDnet, and that's the router I gave them a while ago, which I bought at the time as it was labelled as "future proof" ::) and ADSL2+. I basically don't want them to have any issues with it, but on this line I have now, that router was flawless and had decent security settings on it. I only got this new one due to some Xbox360 related shenanigans.

Oh, and do any settings in the router need altering when switching over? The email I had from support suggested a drop down menu on the router from ADSL to ADSL2 but there's no such menu in this router I'm using (Netgear 843GT).
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

I made no changes when switching, Niall, the router detected the changed modulation and did the rest.

I'll have a quick Google on the Zyxel and see if I can find anything.
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Niall

Yeah I had a google about and thought it was okay. It's just the posts from various users that made me wonder. That being said, some of the posts showed clear profile errors rather than the router being the issue, so it says more about them than the router :P

Time will tell. It was a good router when I bought it with the idea that it could be used with faster lines. I was just checking so I don't get shot for telling them to switch to 21cn :D
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy