Den! Den!

Started by Niall, Jan 18, 2010, 19:04:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

;D

Support may have definitive answer.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

colonelsun

Quote from: Rik on Jan 19, 2010, 11:31:31
The IDNet portal will show it.

Sorry Rik but how do you mean the IDNET portal will show it? What do i click on?

rgt247

Quote from: colonelsun on Jan 23, 2010, 21:06:05
Sorry Rik but how do you mean the IDNET portal will show it? What do i click on?

If you login and click "Your Package" in the column on the left it will tell you if Adsl2+ is available.
Rich

Plusnet :P

Niall

Yes, when you log in, the top of the page has a new link telling you it's available. You click on that and it's basically a script that sends a message asking for the new service (but doesn't auto send, you have to complete the message field then send it).

At least that's what I saw.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Niall

I forgot to ask, would it be best to leave my router switched off when I go to work on Wednesday, or leave it running?
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

It shouldn't matter, Niall. I left mine on, but I was sitting watching it. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Niall

;D

Sadly I have to go to work. I'm wishing I'd booked off the next two weeks instead of the end of the month, it's far too busy in work this last two weeks :(
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

Mark it in your diary for next year. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Lance

Quote from: Niall on Jan 26, 2010, 18:22:46
;D

Sadly I have to go to work. I'm wishing I'd booked off the next two weeks instead of the end of the month, it's far too busy in work this last two weeks :(

I've been far too busy for the last 7 months!
Lance
_____

Rik

Well, if you will insist on studying, working and buying a house, what do you expect, Lance. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Niall

My router is giving just over 1mb up and 11 down. I imagine the download speed will slowly rise over/after the training period. I'm not bothered if it goes back to the same settings really, the upload speed increase is so welcome it's untrue. I'm fed up of waiting for photos to upload!

Would you recommend just leaving the router now as this is probably going to be what I'll be seeing when it finishes the training period?

Oh I should add, the reason I ask this is that websites are being a bit quirky loading.
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

Niall

It's creeping up.
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

What do you mean by quirky, Niall? Which browser (and version) are you using?
Rik
--------------------

Niall

It's okay, it was just stuttering when loading web pages. It stopped doing it after a few minutes. Since then it's been fine :)

It's still creeping up, which is nice. I've not seen any issues either, so far :)
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

Niall

Sweet, I'm downloading Mass Effect 2 through Steam at 1.0MB/s and occasionally it goes up to 1020, which is nice :)
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

Niall

How strange. This test seems to indicate the line speed has dropped a LOT as soon as it went past midnight. Strange as I just downloaded a file for Mass Effect 2 at the same speeds as earlier. Maybe the speedtest site is wrong. On the second test I did, it was saying 8mb speeds until the last couple of seconds. Maybe everyone in Wrexham just started downloading :D
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

Look at your download speeds, Niall, they'll give a truer result.
Rik
--------------------

Niall

Yeah, that was miles out last night. I'm not having any problems anyway, and I'm more than happy with the speed I'm getting. It's a win all round. I'd have preferred 20mb speeds though ;D
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

I'd be happy with 8. ;D
Rik
--------------------

Niall

It's been really nice having something new. It really is the equivalent of going from 56k speeds to 512K ADSL again as I'm getting just over 4mb more than I was. I've shifted electrical stuff away from the router too as that was causing a drop before I upgraded :)

So far so good, cheers IDnet  :thumb:
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

Niall

Well what a bugger I returned home to. I had no internet connection, so I had a nose at the router and while it was doing it's blinking thing I couldn't actually access it and my network was partially connected. I've rebooted it and my connection has dropped from just over 11000 to just over 9500.

I think my router is dying :(
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy