Spam to IDNET email addresses

Started by cs2008, Feb 08, 2010, 11:31:34

Previous topic - Next topic

cs2008

Is anyone else finding they are getting huge amounts of spam to their IDNET email accounts ?

I am getting 3 or 4 messages each day from companies purporting to sell MS software (Win7, Office, etc).  No doubt they are crooks, and each time they use a slightly different email address.  My blacklist now contains several 100 blocked domain entries, and it is getting very tiresome indeed.

Chris.

Steve

I am getting about 2 per week the spam filter I presume takes care of the rest? :)
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

Nope not any like that, in fact 0  :fingers: I have multiple accounts and use certain ones like Yahoo for web use and only give out my Domain to people I know are not bad with security, those that are get Idnet addresses and then Idnets filters take care of the rest really well.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

rgt247

Never had any spam on Idnet email. Unlike Gmail where I get lots.
Rich

Plusnet :P

quandam

Rich,

Strange, I get absolutely none with gmail and haven't for the past four years. :thumb: Funny how problems vary. :dunno:

rgt247

I have four gmail accounts. Two have never received any spam. While the other two get quite a lot which all go in the spam folder not into my inbox. The filter system is very good.  :dunno:
Rich

Plusnet :P

bobleslie

:thumb: The filter system is exceptionally good on Gmail.
=Bob=.
Sky/Easylink LLU. Thankfully! ;-)

Lance

I've never had any spam on my idnet.com addresses. In fact, the only spam I get is from the team email address here as that is public information which the bots find.
Lance
_____

Simon

Simon.
--

zappaDPJ

I've not had one spam mail on my IDNet address. Unfortunately it seems to me that once the spammers get hold of an email address it's a lost cause :(
zap
--------------------

Ray

Not had any problems with my Idnet email addresses either.
Ray
--------------------

Noreen

Never had any spam with my IDNet addresses, I reserve them for friends and family only and use Yahoo UK for all official and non-personal mail. I do get some spam with Yahoo UK but it's always picked up by their filter.

BrianM

I only have two e-mail addresses,  Idnet.com and Idnetfreemail.co    No spam in either so far.   :fingers:
Brian

Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them.

Technical Ben

None here. I never gave my IDNet mail address out to anyone.  :angel: So they cannot use it (unless they second guess it).

Sounds like someone got your address somehow. If not from you personally, then from a "reply to all" mail, where one of the senders/receivers is not too legit. Grans are notorious for sending out too many "funny joke" emails they got from spam. Innocent enough, they just end up giving out their entire families emails to the crooks by mistake though.
I seem to get less spam on my old BT addresses though. Perhaps they got the idea that I'm not interested.  :dunno:
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

vitriol

No spam on any of my idnet accounts.  Even the one I use for signing up for forums etc...