ADSL 24 changes hands

Started by old Bill, Mar 04, 2007, 09:34:10

Previous topic - Next topic

old Bill

I see that ADSL24 is going to be under new ownership. Its new owners are going to be the guys who run DSL Zone UK.
http://www.dslzoneuk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3560

Glenn

So does that mean that ADSL 24 will be the top rated ISP  ::)
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Lance

I wondered that but they say there will be no bias... like we believe that!
Lance
_____

Rik

It's nice to see someone as cynical as me, Lance. :)  Mind you, it's supposed to be bad for us, so shall we call it a realistic outlook instead?
Rik
--------------------

RobMc

What I don't understand about dslzone is their isp ratings. Why do they differentiate between the different Entanet resellers. After all that's all they are resellers. From what I've read all they do is act as  an optional first line support and account contact. I'm sure Entanet are very good, otherwise they would not get the ratings that they do, but it is essentially one company so to rate each reseller is farcical. I used to quite like dslzone but I think I'll remove it from my bookmarks. Shame really.

Rob.

DAB Badboy

I know what you mean, either just have Entanet or the re-sellers. Not both.

Think broadband 's forums have it right (in my opinion) - just one area for Entanet and its offshoots.

Rik

I'm with both of you, it makes no sense to rate separately companies which add nothing, technically, to the product.
Rik
--------------------

jaydub

Quote from: rikbean on Mar 04, 2007, 12:35:27
I'm with both of you, it makes no sense to rate separately companies which add nothing, technically, to the product.

Unless you now own one of them.   ;D

......or get advertising revenue from them separately.   :o

Makes mental note not to be such a cynic in future.   ???

Adam

I can see a reason to rate resellers separately in some cases, for example a reseller may have much improved support, and by grouping them together potential users would never see that. But for network rating purposes; I see no reason to rate them separately.

Adam
Adam

Goggo

Quote from: RobMc on Mar 04, 2007, 12:21:02
Why do they differentiate between the different Entanet resellers.

I made this point on the DSLZone message board, but it hasn't changed. TB is the best of the broadband sites IMO.