Bye Bye Tiscali

Started by Noreen, Jan 16, 2010, 12:41:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Ann

What they are doing is saying that if the Tiscali customers move their phone lines etc to TalkTalk the fee will stay the same.  For those that don't want to move their lines or can't because they're locked into a contract with BT, the bill will increase by a fiver.  The Customers are livid but they've also cut the forum and opened a very minor version of the forum on the TalkTalk site so not many are able to voice their opinions.  LOL.

drummer

It's getting quite interesting on the Tiswas forums as quite a few knowledgeable people are complaining about previously unheard-of router re-syncs and lower sync speeds.

Only seems to have happened once TT had commandeered their lines though.

The cheapest TT package has a 40Gb allowance but still has a FUP.

The more expensive TT "Pro" package is "unlimited" but still has a FUP.

All hail the stupid, for they shall not be wise enough to understand the concept of a false economy.

A sibling of mine is one of the stupid and will be paying a fiver a month more to receive the same rubbish service from TT that was previously available when Tiswas was the ISP.

All hail the stupid, as they don't seem to clog up my exchange, but I'm guessing that's because their ISP is "managing" the bandwidth.  :)
To stay is death but to flee is life.

dujas

If you can't afford to pay the higher end of the price scale (or the download limits aren't sufficient for an average family), then something is always better than nothing. Talktalk et al have a place in the market, but I think the industry's obsession with lowering prices and subscriber numbers, has led some customers to have an unrealistic expectation of what they should be receiving for their monthly fee.

colonelsun