Need new ISP

Started by gazzthompson, Jan 07, 2010, 19:05:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Of course not. OTOH, once they have their hands on it, it's their money...  :eyebrow:
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

Quote from: Rik on Jan 08, 2010, 18:24:10
Of course not. OTOH, once they have their hands on it, it's their money...  :eyebrow:
Ahh bit of a technicality that  :eyebrow:
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

dujas

Has BT given Idnet an idea of what the final percentage the roll-out of 21CN WBC will cover of the UK's population? I read 50% by March 2010 and 70% by the end of 2011, but what about after that?

Rik

No idea, sorry. Check with support, they maybe able to give you a better idea. Though, I have to say, based on my experience of running WBC and Max, Max is far more stable and, on my line, WBC gives little extra speed.
Rik
--------------------

dujas

They could always take off the arbitrary 8Mbit/s limit and allow the full 12Mbit/s for ADSL G.DMT, for those who could get it :)

Gary

Quote from: dujas on Jan 08, 2010, 18:53:24
Has BT given Idnet an idea of what the final percentage the roll-out of 21CN WBC will cover of the UK's population? I read 50% by March 2010 and 70% by the end of 2011, but what about after that?
I think if you are in a place with little demand for internet, you may be waiting a very very long time, as its not worth the upgrade it seems  :bawl:
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

gazzthompson

Well, seems BT is only real option... was fun whistle it lasted. :'(

dujas

If that's with BT retail, then despite what they say, Option 3 isn't unlimited.

gazzthompson

Quote from: dujas on Jan 11, 2010, 18:11:47
If that's with BT retail, then despite what they say, Option 3 isn't unlimited.
]

how so?

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

dujas

From what I've read on different forums, it seems to be that when your monthly total for uploads and downloads averages in the 70-100GB+ range, then you tend to get a warning email and subsequent connection throttling for 30 days. But some commented that they've been throttled without warning, so I guess it fluctuates depending upon overall network usage.

Technical Ben

It's just another nail in the coffin of honest business. "unlimited" means limited. "Free" means with a monthly fee. "No hidden charges" means terms and conditions explain the charges in tiny small print. Oh, and that's before I get onto watering down meat, and fake ingredients in food. How do companies like BT get away with it?  :rant2:
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Rik

Because we let them? :(
Rik
--------------------

gazzthompson

Update:

http://www.idnet.net/solutions/home/broadband/default-adsl.jsp

more allowance !  :o :o :o :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: yes ! thank you !. Amazing thing is i got my mac code and rang BT last week, but due to some fault they couldn't accept me...  ::) lucky me

Steve

Yes it good news it even takes some of the pressure off daytime use :thumb:
Steve
------------

zappaDPJ

Quote from: gazzthompson on Feb 02, 2010, 19:54:07
Amazing thing is i got my mac code and rang BT last week, but due to some fault they couldn't accept me...  ::) lucky me

Now that really is amazing, someone actually benefiting from BT's incompetence  :laugh:

Glad to hear it's all worked out for you in the end  :thumb:
zap
--------------------