Talk Talk opinions sought, sorry!

Started by sparky, Feb 10, 2010, 13:34:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatari

Quote from: bobleslie on Feb 13, 2010, 17:58:35
They need some more on-the-job training!

The standard answer to that response is:

"Well, Jesus was a Jew!"  ;D

Yep that is the response I have always expected :) never has it come lol
Hatari :)

Lona

Sparky,  I had the identical problem to yourself a few years ago and it didn't matter what isp I went with I had a terrible connection.

Because the phone worked BT wouldn't do anything. I was told it was my router and to replace it and all sorts of other nonsense.

One day I got one of the few good Bt engineers and he was saying all the phone lines to my house from the telegraph pole had been updated within the last 7 years and that's when I told him nobody had replaced my cable since I had moved into this house which I had been living in for 30 years.

He went up the telegraph pole to check and some lazy so and so of an engineer had missed my house out when the newer core cables were installed so it was assumed I had been updated.

Ask BT to check the cable coming into your house as from what you say you have been there for some years.  If it's the old type cable then you will have problems running BB.  The older cables were ok for just telephone. 

The other tip is cut the cable accidently on purpose but don't tell anyone it was me that told you to do it. ;)

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Supanova

Quote from: Lona on Feb 13, 2010, 22:42:37
The other tip is cut the cable accidently on purpose but don't tell anyone it was me that told you to do it. ;)

I had a problem a couple of months ago where the cable was semi-severed half way across the road to the pole. BT came out and fixed it for free and I got the new cable I needed. Lorna's advice is a pretty good idea if you can stomach it, though I know most people are too nice...it is BT though  ;D
"Privacy is dead, deal with it" - CEO Sun MicroSystems

Hatari

Just be careful if you nick the cable that the cut is outside of your property boundary :)

sparky

Sorry guys, been away.

Well I had a phone call yesterday from an Escallations Engineer?  Anyway, he has just been. Great guy, easy to talk to. He took in all of the information that I had, but typically, this morning the phone line was clear.

Except, his hearing obviously being better than mine, he said he could hear a slight humm that definitely shouldn't be there. Anyways, he fitted me a nice new NTE5 faceplace, then tried the phone again..........BINGO!  It crackled!  He went off the the green box down the road, rang me back and said that there is definitely a fault between there and the house. He has now gone off to raise a job card with the underground team.

Hopefully we are getting somewhere.

As for TT. I've taken all of your comments in and won't be going there. Once my line is sorted I will probably just transfer my voice to idnet.

Thanks for all the comments...Sparky.

Rik

Glad you got a good engineer, Sparky. :)
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Glenn

Quote from: sparky on Feb 16, 2010, 10:33:19
Sorry guys, been away.

Well I had a phone call yesterday from an Escallations Engineer?  Anyway, he has just been. Great guy, easy to talk to. He took in all of the information that I had, but typically, this morning the phone line was clear.

Except, his hearing obviously being better than mine, he said he could hear a slight humm that definitely shouldn't be there. Anyways, he fitted me a nice new NTE5 faceplace, then tried the phone again..........BINGO!  It crackled!  He went off the the green box down the road, rang me back and said that there is definitely a fault between there and the house. He has now gone off to raise a job card with the underground team.

Hopefully we are getting somewhere.

As for TT. I've taken all of your comments in and won't be going there. Once my line is sorted I will probably just transfer my voice to idnet.

Thanks for all the comments...Sparky.

They will need to dig a trench through your garden/lawn, but a mole will dig under any pathways. Or at least that is what happened with mine in January.
Glenn
--------------------

Hatari

Glad that things are moving the right way sparky

Lance

Glad to hear that the problem is hopefully going to get sorted and good to see that an email to the boss has yet again reaped rewards.
Lance
_____