Question on Usage Stats

Started by andyman2, Feb 24, 2010, 09:52:05

Previous topic - Next topic

andyman2

Just in the process of migrating to you this week. My main concern is usage, (I have a couple of teenagers at home and I will need to keep a close eye on them). How regularly are the usage stats updated?

Rik

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum. :welc: :karma:

I believe stats are updated several times a day, but I've only ever checked on a daily basis, which you can do via your customer portal or by RSS feed, which is the easiest way.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

andyman2

Excellent, I think daily will be fine. I do suspect some re-training will be necessary, the habit of streaming iplayer to watch the olympics (which are being watched downstairs on the TV at the same time) will need to be curbed! Thanks for the welcome!

Rik

iPlayer and the Olympics can be very expensive, Andy, and there's a world cup to come!
Rik
--------------------

andyman2

Well I've installed tbbmeter on all laptops and PC's. Any transgressions will be noted and dealt with! The unknown is the Xbox, I'm not sure how to monitor that (except by using the big switch on the front)

Rik

Bear in mind, Andy, that the meter will also include any LAN traffic.
Rik
--------------------

Ray

Ray
--------------------

Technical Ben

Xbox should be very low, under .2gb a day. But any video or games downloads to the box will use up their respective Gigabytes.
I guess it's becoming like electric and gas. At one time we just burned it, and not we have to cut back. :(
But IDnet have upped the usage for out of hours downloading. So you can set-up the pc to update late at night for example.
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.