New Government petition about so called unlimited broadband

Started by siege2, Mar 17, 2007, 13:20:20

Previous topic - Next topic

siege2

"Many ISP's (Internet Service providers) are advertising Broadband with 'Unlimited' downloads. The majority of these services are not unlimited as in the providers fair usage policies they either cap the use at a defined amount, or use an undefined criteria that only they know"

so please note your view's;

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Unlimited-ADSL/
Home SuperMax "BT IPStream Max Premium"

_____________Downstream____Upstream
Data rate...........8128.....................832
Noise margin.....8.1  ......................12.0
Output power....7.8.......................12.5
Attenuation........4.0.......................2.0

Rik

Sadly, I doubt it will have any more effect than the petition on road-pricing, Siege, but I've added my name. I've got a forum from the ASA to fill in on the desk. It wants me to tell them how well I think they've handled my complaint against Tiscale (one of several I've made about ISPs) and 'unlimited' broadband. Guess what I'll be saying.  >:(
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

CaptainSlow

Quote from: rikbean on Mar 18, 2007, 11:18:26
Sadly, I doubt it will have any more effect than the petition on road-pricing, Siege, but I've added my name. I've got a forum from the ASA to fill in on the desk. It wants me to tell them how well I think they've handled my complaint against Tiscale (one of several I've made about ISPs) and 'unlimited' broadband. Guess what I'll be saying.  >:(

It'd be more likely to get ADSL taxed in my view! Keeping a low profile might make more sense. :o

Rik

Cynic. :)

Of course, it is already taxed, but I'm sure Gordon could come up with some half-baked scheme to reduce the digital divide by having an additional tax, with tax credits for the less well off... :(
Rik
--------------------

CaptainSlow

Quote from: rikbean on Mar 18, 2007, 16:47:00
Cynic. :)
True, but I did not get that way all on my own of course! :D
Quote from: rikbean on Mar 18, 2007, 16:47:00
Of course, it is already taxed, but I'm sure Gordon could come up with some half-baked scheme to reduce the digital divide by having an additional tax, with tax credits for the less well off... :(

It's a bandwidth tax, £1 a bit  :D

Of course we won't mind because he'll smile so very nicely while having his hand in your wallet. Amazing dentistry on that bloke! ;)

siege2

Home SuperMax "BT IPStream Max Premium"

_____________Downstream____Upstream
Data rate...........8128.....................832
Noise margin.....8.1  ......................12.0
Output power....7.8.......................12.5
Attenuation........4.0.......................2.0

Rik

Quote from: CaptainSlow on Mar 19, 2007, 00:09:03
Of course we won't mind because he'll smile so very nicely while having his hand in your wallet. Amazing dentistry on that bloke! ;)

If this morning's reports are to be believed, a lot of us will be paying much more for our car tax after Wednesday. No other party will attack the move because it's 'green', and I suspect that GB has calculated that there's sufficient time before the next election for it to do him no Harm. :(
Rik
--------------------

CaptainSlow