This may be great news for some, it is for me!!

Started by hells bells, Mar 04, 2010, 21:39:01

Previous topic - Next topic

hells bells

Our exchange is one of those mentioned on this list!! :D

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/btsupplier/3809661-the-next-batch-of-fttc-exchanges.html#Post3809661

I'm let to believe that fibre to the cabinet would effectively bring the exchange to the street cabinet thereby drastically shortening current line lengths would be good news for all us with long lines in these exchanges.
What on earth was I thinking going on to O2 Access?!
Fortunately I got rid and discovered IDNet!

Steve

I'm on that list as well I just don't know how far I am from the cabinet though
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Hatari

Quote from: Steve on Mar 04, 2010, 21:41:51
I'm on that list as well I just don't know how far I am from the cabinet though

:) I doubt you will be more than half a K lol Very good speeds could be possible say 23M on ADSL2+ :) Feeling green here:)
Hatari :)

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

kinmel

Yet again, BT pretends north Wales doesn't exist.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Inkblot

Quote from: kinmel on Mar 04, 2010, 21:59:10
Yet again, BT pretends north Wales doesn't exist.

Is that a bit like East Yorkshire? North, south and west all exist but (Allegedly) there is no 'official' east Yorkshire? Or south London (Postal codes), there are N, NE, E, SE, SW, W and NW but no S unless the person that told me those two facts (Many, many years ago) was having a laugh at my expense!

Not that it's any help to anybody in north Wales but my Exchange (Southend on Sea) is listed  :)

Simon

Simon.
--

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------

D-Dan

My cabinet is less than about 50M :)

edit:

Well - I reckon if I didn't have the stairs to contend with from the flat - I could run there in under 10 seconds

2nd Edit:

Mine is on this list: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/3912-bt-announce-first-29-exchanges-for-fibre-deployment.html  ;D

Steve
Have I lost my way?

This post doesn't necessarily represent even my own opinions, let alone anyone else's

hells bells

Our cabinet is about 200 m away! Apparently we are about half way between 2!!  :yes:

hells bells

Gutted about the North Welsh.  :'( And those in East Yorkshire. I believe that Hull and surrounding areas are supplied by Kingston Telecom and BT doesn't have any infrastructure there! ( I could be misinformed though!)

I think that although we are about 200 m from our nearest exchange box, I could probably roll down to it in about 30 seconds! (BIG hill!)  :rofl:

tobykim

QuoteYet again, BT pretends north Wales doesn't exist

I feel you're pain, it's just like we don't exist

drummer

Hmm, my exchange is on that list but I thought the new FTTC cabinets had local authority planning issues.  :dunno:
To stay is death but to flee is life.

zappaDPJ

A few of the early ones that are already live certainly did drummer. My situation is erm, special. I have FTTC just a few yards from my front door. It was in the first batch to go live after the initial trials. There are a number of properties here already hooked up including next door. However both IDNet and BT's checker say it's not available to me  :dunno:
zap
--------------------

Rik

I'm on the list, and 213m from the cabinet.  :fingers:
Rik
--------------------

Lance

I'm not, and from the plans I saw at BT a few weeks ago, I won't be for a few years either  :'(
Lance
_____

Rik

Rik
--------------------

psp83

I might get it in year 2050!

BT are w******  :getout:

Technical Ben

You can guess what part of the map I am on, and how close I was at being upgraded.  :bawl:
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

drummer

I'm confused (as per) but are the FTTC cabinets going to be the existing BT cabinets or will new cabinets need to be installed?

The cabinet on the right of the attached pic is the type that exists on almost every other street corner round my way.

If I stroll twenty paces from my front door, I'm at the BT cabinet which is next to the telegraph pole that supplies the copper wires to my house.

Should I be excited about this?

[attachment deleted by admin]
To stay is death but to flee is life.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

adamr8965

zappaDPJ

The cabinet on the right of your photo drummer looks almost identical to the cabinet in my road that was put in for the sole purpose of supplying FTTC. Perhaps the style doesn't indicate the technology inside though.
zap
--------------------

Technical Ben

Quote from: zappaDPJ on Mar 06, 2010, 14:49:37
The cabinet on the right of your photo drummer looks almost identical to the cabinet in my road that was put in for the sole purpose of supplying FTTC. Perhaps the style doesn't indicate the technology inside though.

I totally agree with you there. My cabinet has cans of beans and old cereal boxes in it. ;)
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

zappaDPJ

That sounds quite advanced for BT technology  ;D
zap
--------------------