somethings gone terribly wrong

Started by coreservers, May 27, 2010, 20:05:30

Previous topic - Next topic

coreservers

1stly I've not asked for unbanding before, i'd be interested to find out where that came from? The only unbanding done was when BT Screwed up my migration and was their doing not mine,  and I do accept that I requested interleaving taken off, my request, however at no point via mail or phone was I warned of the risks. I'd gladly accept the higher ping times, if I had a useable internet connection.
I understand it was a bank holiday as well. But this has been a bit longer term than I feel it should have been. one of my fellow mods on another forum is also an IDnet customer and is also complaining about lack of service and poor information! 

Now I know I have a record of complaints, but I always speak my mind, it's the way we're brought up in Fife. If that upsets some people, I apologise.
All I want is a reasonable useable service, which is what I pay my money for.
If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that 'says something' about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality. A mental illness, maybe - but not a personality

Rik

My information obviously differs from yours, so there's nothing much else I can say to you.

This forum is a magnet for people with problems, yet we get relatively few to deal with, so if your fellow mod would care to join, I will gladly follow up on his issues.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

coreservers

Ok, this is a genuine apology to all those who've taken a broadside from me recently, but I'm getting increaingly frustrated, I need to cover night time support, My wife needs to get online application forms filled in, so I'm getting grief there and at home.
constantly :bawl:
Had I known this would be a risk I'd never have gone down the interleaving route, certainly now knowing it takes this long to get it rectified. hindsight is a marvellous thing

Overall the service has been pretty good and reliable, but when things go wrong the lack of any concrete information is where I and possibly others get frustrated. That does indeed fall at the feet of BT.

I'm guesing if BT refuse I'm either stuck with a 15k thruput, yup that's what BT speed test tells me. or will have to seek another isp.

and that's not something I want to do. I like IDnet, I like local support, I dont want to end up with mumbai scripts.
It's taken me over an hour to get this posted!
If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that 'says something' about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality. A mental illness, maybe - but not a personality

psp83

Quote from: coreservers on Jun 01, 2010, 21:05:26
I'm guesing if BT refuse I'm either stuck with a 15k thruput, yup that's what BT speed test tells me. or will have to seek another isp.

and that's not something I want to do. I like IDnet, I like local support, I dont want to end up with mumbai scripts.
It's taken me over an hour to get this posted!

From what I've seen, When changing ISP your line settings at the exchange can follow. So if BT refuse to do it, changing ISPs may not mean you can get your line reset.

I know what you're going through, I have a cr*p line.. But I'm lucky enough that a higher noise margin makes my line more stable, but this lowers the speed. But that's something I'm willing to have so I can leave interleaving off. The day I stop playing online games, I will get it re enabled and my noise margin dropped down.