ADSL2+ Training Period?

Started by RCS2K4, Mar 26, 2010, 18:20:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

WBC Banded line profile with a max sync of 3072???

WBC banded line profile (rate kbps)
7168 - 14336
4864 - 9728
3328 - 6656
2272 - 4544
1472 - 3072
1152 - 2272
576 - 1152
288 - 576
160 - 288
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Rik

ADSL2+ does seem a little weird, Alan, I find that the reported sync speed from the router doesn't match what BT says I'm connected at if I do a BT test. Plus what  Steve said.
Rik
--------------------

kinmel

Quote from: Rik on Apr 02, 2010, 11:19:32
ADSL2+ does seem a little weird, Alan, I find that the reported sync speed from the router doesn't match what BT says I'm connected at if I do a BT test. Plus what  Steve said.

This morning's BT speedtest shows the correct sync rate and a 2500 profile.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

adamr8965

adsl2 seems very unstable judging by the posts, is it always like this? maybe i should just stay in adsl 8meg.

Rik

It's a case of suck it and see. For me, I've gone from 2.5M to 4M, others have seen speed improvements of varying degree, some get problems.
Rik
--------------------

adamr8965

Well thats nearly double rik so pretty good i think.

Rik

So do I, others are running at much higher speeds still, and a handful encounter problems.
Rik
--------------------

kinmel

Well it is day 8 of my ADSL2+ training period and since day 3 I have been firmly stuck on a sync rate of 3069, irrespective of my SNR at a re-boot and changing routers alters nothing

I have been put on a fixed rate ADSL2+ connection that is 40% lower than my ADSLmax rate.

Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Rik

Your ten days is up shortly, Alan, so IDNet can kick the tyres for you on Wednesday.
Rik
--------------------

adamr8965

Quote from: Rik on Apr 02, 2010, 18:15:59
So do I, others are running at much higher speeds still, and a handful encounter problems.

My next door neighbour is running virgin media and theres only one exchange and she cant get anyway near the speeds of me.

kinmel

I don't see what is gained by a "training period" that simply locks the line at 3069 and then does nothing for 8 days !
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

Rik

It's designed by BT to reduce their workload.
Rik
--------------------

adamr8965

Quote from: Rik on Apr 05, 2010, 11:43:41
It's designed by BT to reduce their workload.

Theres a suprise.