Hope to be joining you soon

Started by Baca, Mar 17, 2007, 17:41:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Baca

Hi Everyone, I am hoping to join IDNet March 21st all being well, i hope i don't have all the trouble that psp83 seems to be having. Anyway i thought i would just introduce myself to the members.
From what i have seen in this forum and on a few review sites i think i may have made a good choice.
Hope to speak to you soon.

Regards Baca
Start every day with a smile and get it over with.

AvengerUK

Welcome to the forums!

Im sure / I hope you wont be disappointed! :)

Lance

Welcome to the forums, Baca.

Choosing IDNet was the best decision I've ever made regarding internet providors! I'm sure you will agree once you have joined!

It might be worth noting that psp83's problems are down to BT and not IDnet! :) If only IDnet controlled BT than the country would be a happier place!

Just out of interest, which ISP are you coming over from?

Lance
Lance
_____

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

siege2

Home SuperMax "BT IPStream Max Premium"

_____________Downstream____Upstream
Data rate...........8128.....................832
Noise margin.....8.1  ......................12.0
Output power....7.8.......................12.5
Attenuation........4.0.......................2.0

Rik

Welcome to nirvana, Baca, I'm sure you will find you have made one of the best decisions in your life. :)
Rik
--------------------

Baca

Thanks for the welcome guys, i'm sure that i have made the right choice by choosing IDNet, lance i have moved from Biscit, you may probably know the problems that have been going on there, just glad that i have been able to get my mac and migrate to IDNet.

Thanks Baca

Lance

Quote from: Baca on Mar 18, 2007, 12:30:35
Biscit, you may probably know the problems that have been going on there,

I'm guessing they are problems of over sub-subscribed and over-contended networks, causing slow speeds and high pings?

I don't read any other fourms, there isn't enough hours in a day! :)
Lance
_____

Rik

There's always enough time if you give up sleeping, Lance. :) :out:
Rik
--------------------

Lance

I can't not sleep and go to work! I would be like a zombie!
Lance
_____

CaptainSlow

Quote from: lance on Mar 18, 2007, 13:06:32
I'm guessing they are problems of over sub-subscribed and over-contended networks, causing slow speeds and high pings?

I don't read any other fourms, there isn't enough hours in a day! :)

I think being in "administration" for most of this week is their biggest problem right now!

Seems there are some MAC issues too for some users. Not a pretty sight right now frankly.

Lance

Lance
_____

cavillas

Hello Baca.  Did you know IDnet is a no smoking zone. ;D  Hope you enjoy your stay here but be prepared for funny answers and things going off topic. :D :D

There are always many people here ready to answer any queries and try to solve problems, even those you didn't know you had. :angel: :out:
------
Alf :)

Baca

Your right there CaptainSlow Biscit have gone into administration, i was lucky i got in touch with BT and they got me a MAC, but as you say they are some issues for some users trying to obtain obtain a MAC.

No problems cavillas, i gave up smoking a long while ago, now if only i could lay off the booze, well maybe not.

Baca

Rik

It's OK, if you can't lay off it, we'll lay it on in the virtual bar down in IDNatter! :)
Rik
--------------------

Baca

Well i'll say cheers to that Ric, unless i get charged for it of course.

Baca

Lance

You can have the first one on me, Baca! :)
Lance
_____

Rik

We have no way of charging, so the drinks are always on us - virtually speaking. No-one touched the green Guiness I put out yesterday though. :(
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Quote from: lance on Mar 18, 2007, 13:10:14
I can't not sleep and go to work! I would be like a zombie!

You obviously haven't read some of my posts! :) :out:
Rik
--------------------

Baca

I'll have a double whisky then lance, you couldn't make that a chaser as well m8, as they say, if you don't ask you don't get.

Baca.  ;D

Lance

Hey, I'm feeling generous so why not! Think I'll have one too, serve them up Rik!
Lance
_____

Baca

Quote from: rikbean on Mar 18, 2007, 17:03:00
We have no way of charging, so the drinks are always on us - virtually speaking. No-one touched the green Guiness I put out yesterday though. :(

Not has daft as it seems rikbean, there is a day when Guinness is coloured green, not sure but i think it's St Patrick's Day, or maybe it was just a dream. anyway i will have a pint if it's still going.

Baca

Rik

Quote from: Baca on Mar 18, 2007, 17:18:16
Not has daft as it seems rikbean, there is a day when Guinness is coloured green, not sure but i think it's St Patrick's Day

And yesterday was??  ;) It's still there, just help yourself - you do have to be able to draw the clover leaf on the head though!
Rik
--------------------

Baca

So it wasn't a dream then.

Baca.

CaptainSlow

Quote from: cavillas on Mar 18, 2007, 14:15:25
Hello Baca.  Did you know IDnet is a no smoking zone.
Damn, I'll be popular then, I roll my own, but don't drink! :D

Oh well, back to the draining board then!  ;)

Baca

Thought i'd just drop in and say hello, someone's pulled the plug,  :( i guess BT as they probably won't be getting paid and i am back on dialup at the moment, roll on the 21st as that is when i should be joining you all.

Baca

Rik

Hi Baca

Did you not get a MAC key to move over? If you did, no-one should be pulling any plugs.
Rik
--------------------

Baca

Hi Rik, yes i did get a Mac Key, But when i logged on Monday morning i was confronted with a Notice of Disruption of Service. which said. Please note that this is not a fault: your broadband service has been re-directed to this webpage by Bt wholesale and you will not be able to navigate your web service beyond this page.
Then went on to say, Your broadband service provider Biscit Internet Ltd has ceased trading. It also gave a number to ring to get a MAC, but as i said i have allready got mine and touch wood i should be with IDNet sometime tomorrow. Will keep in touch and let you know when i have got back on line with IDNet.
Baca

Baca

Just to inform you all i am now up and running with IDNet, logged on at 7.45 this morning and to my surprise i was on line. Well done IDNet, as in there welcome letter it said that i would be activated sometime before 6pm, so i wasnt expecting to be activated till much later in the day. Just like to say a thankyou to the welcome messages i have received and hope to be a regular on this great forum.

Baca  ;D ;D

psp83

Welcome Baca.

Good job you didnt use your MAC when i used mine in Feb.. Took me 20 days to migrate and 5 days without a connection due to BT's migration system throwing a tantrum.. Something to do with software and high tier (or wotever they are) cables :D

-Paul

Lance

Hi Baca,

The before 6pm line is simply to cover themselves. Realistically, most people get migrated across in the early hours of the morning.

Glad the switch has been made, I'm sure you will enjoy it here!

Lance
Lance
_____

Rik

Quote from: Baca on Mar 21, 2007, 07:58:40
i am now up and running with IDNet

Great news, welcome aboard. :)
Rik
--------------------

Baca

Thanks Guys and Paul i did read about the saga you had migrating, thankfully mine whent without a hitch, i only hope i havn't spoken to soon.

Baca  ;)

Rik

Hopefully not, once you're in, you're in. We don't like people to leave though, so if you could just slip your ankles into these shackles... :)
Rik
--------------------

Baca

Hi Rik  I,m not one for chopping and changing, so if things run ok here i will be around for a long time, but keep the shackles on standby just in case.

Baca  :)

Rik

Will do. :) I'm like you, if I find a place I'm happy, I stay - I like to build a relationship with people.
Rik
--------------------