Impressed with IDNet

Started by faircot, Mar 29, 2010, 09:27:44

Previous topic - Next topic

adamr8965

a while cant be more than me

Rik

Well, on ordinary days, we have a mixture of pastas, some with meat, some veg, some fish - plus tortellini, ravioli, lasagne and cannelloni (all home made), curry & chinese (ditto), pizza (ditto), casseroles, stir fries, homemade sausages (to keep the salt levels down, steaks, roasts etc.

On dinner parties, Sue really lets rip. We also make our own bread to control salt levels (plus, it tastes nicer).
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

adamr8965

noone can eat all that in one day its not possible

Rik

Oh, that's not a single day. Sue, typically, has about a fortnight of menus planned...
Rik
--------------------

adamr8965

blimey i choose wot i want about 30 mins before i eat.

Rik

I'm allowed to vary things. :)
Rik
--------------------

Simon

Quote from: adamr8965 on Mar 31, 2010, 19:49:34
blimey i choose wot i want about 30 mins before i eat.

With me, it's about 4 minutes, or as long as it takes to do in the microwave.  ;D
Simon.
--

adamr8965

DorsetBoy

Quote from: Simon on Mar 31, 2010, 21:26:04
With me, it's about 4 minutes, or as long as it takes to do in the microwave.  ;D

I'd rather go without than eat anything that has been in a microwave oven. :puke:

zappaDPJ

I use the micro wave a lot. scrambled eggs, vegetables, particularly things like spinach and it's great for reheating stuff I've previously cooked and stored.
zap
--------------------

Rik

Likewise, except the eggs.
Rik
--------------------

adamr8965

microwaved eggs, thats really lazy.

zappaDPJ

Well yeah, it saves washing a pan, it's quicker plus they scramble better  ;)
zap
--------------------

Gary

Quote from: Simon on Mar 31, 2010, 21:26:04
We don't have  a Microwave, its something neither I or Justina has never found a need for as if we defrost we take out as needed as far as cooking, we have a cooker, that's enough..
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Tacitus

I love how a thread which starts with some connection statistics and a compliment to iDNet, shades into a discussion of diets and, ends with a discourse on the merits (or not) of microwaves.

Only on iDNetters.......    ;D

Simon

Simon.
--

Rik

It's our special charm, Tac. :
Rik
--------------------

adamr8965

im amazed how we can wander off topic after 4 posts. :thumb:

Rik

Rik
--------------------

quandam

Sorry Rik (and other Admins), I realise that you are all happy with going off topic but it can also be annoying by not achieving the full answers and tone required by some. I know that I am in the minority (of active posters here) that feels this way but there may be many (of non active posters) who could be put off by the frivolous 'tone' of the forum in some serious threads and dismiss it as a 'jokey' and without foundation (wrongly) method of getting a useful and informative solution to their post.

I draw your attention to: http://www.idnetters.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=12686.0 which was clearly posted to hopefully to reduce the number of 'jokey' posts.

There is a place for fun here and there are many outlets within the forum that provide for this, these should be used as such and more serious threads should be used for their purpose.

I really enjoy Netters but this frivolous tone in 'serious' threads is, to my mind, non productive.

adamr8965

Quote from: quandam on Apr 02, 2010, 18:55:40
Sorry Rik (and other Admins), I realise that you are all happy with going off topic but it can also be annoying by not achieving the full answers and tone required by some. I know that I am in the minority (of active posters here) that feels this way but there may be many (of non active posters) who could be put off by the frivolous 'tone' of the forum in some serious threads and dismiss it as a 'jokey' and without foundation (wrongly) method of getting a useful and informative solution to their post.

I draw your attention to: http://www.idnetters.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=12686.0 which was clearly posted to hopefully to reduce the number of 'jokey' posts.

There is a place for fun here and there are many outlets within the forum that provide for this, these should be used as such and more serious threads should be used for their purpose.

I really enjoy Netters but this frivolous tone in 'serious' threads is, to my mind, non productive.

how much of riks 140k posts are non productive?

Simon

Quote from: quandam on Apr 02, 2010, 18:55:40

I don't see any problems or technical queries being raised in this thread, Quandam, which merely started as a complimentary comment on the service a user has received from IDNet.  Your personal dislike of 'off topic' posts has been noted, on several occasions, but the post to which you refer, does refer to technical help threads, so in this case, I feel you have used it out of context.  The VAST majority of members like the way we do things here, and it is part of the nature of the forum for threads to progress to different topics.  There are many forums where members are lambasted for going 'off topic', and personally, I find these unfriendly, and unwelcoming.  We are not about to adopt that ethos here.
Simon.
--

adamr8965

just changing the subject weres my fish and chips? :dunno:

zappaDPJ

To be fair I thought this thread had run its course long before I replied and I did so to purposely bump the thread because it's positive and people rarely post to say they are happy with a service but often post when they are not.
zap
--------------------

Simon

Simon.
--