outage?

Started by psp83, Apr 12, 2010, 22:11:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon_idnet

I was about to settle down for a movie when the SMS alerts started coming in. Bloody Internet! ;-)

Bill

From what I remember of the movies on tonight, kicking a router would have been more entertaining  ;D
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Simon

Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

psp83

Seems like its a night for router problems.

Mine has gone down now. Lights are on etc but no access by ethernet or wireless. It just refuses to let me access the net :(

Will try turning it off at the mains tomorrow when the noise margin is higher.

psp83

My router is now backup.. What could cause it to drop all ethernet connections and stop connecting by wireless aswell ?

Rik

Terminal illness?
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Bill

Quote from: psp83 on Apr 15, 2010, 12:24:24
My router is now backup.. What could cause it to drop all ethernet connections and stop connecting by wireless aswell ?

My old Linksys used to do this occasionally (wasn't wireless though). Power cycling or rebooting would clear it, blasted nuisance.

It gradually got worse for several months before finally going belly-up, so Rik may be right. At least you should have plenty of time to survey the market  :P
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

psp83

I've got a new Netgear DGN2000 anyways. This is the old Netgear I changed over to when I was having ping problems, Just been to lazy to change it back  ;D