2 PLUS YEARS WITH A FAULT ! (Solved) :)

Started by 3DBULLY, May 04, 2010, 20:13:28

Previous topic - Next topic

3DBULLY

Well for all of you that are regulars on this site.

Just to let you know that a fault i've had for over two years which 2 BT Engineers failed to find but agreed there was a problem but they couldn't find it! .......... Has now been solved due to another BT Engineer who actually listened to what i said about my problem with my ADSL connection ie i receive a call or make a call and the ADSL connection would drop due to the SNR hitting -1.4 and below.

Now from that you would think that it was something wrong with the filter but i digress i had loads of the thing's and they all couldn't be at fault could they!.... even the NTE5 faceplate....well they all tested fine at a friends so did all my coms hardware.

So this time the engineer had the HAWK test kit on him and this is what managed to find the fault, what was the fault i hear you ask....well it was a 1.5K earth fault which later when my pair was disconnected from the exchange and from my drop pole outside my house he managed to find the fault between my drop pole and the next pole along which was now showing a 3K earth fault to which the engineer said he didn't know how our phone managed to work let alone the ADSL, and how could the other engineers not find that he barked.

I'm just glad it's solved !

Kind Regards

3DBULLY .......A very bl**dy happy idnet customer allways!......BT are the let downs, with a profit of 5+ billion last year who are they kidding !

Steve

Excellent news! So there is still the odd good engineer with BT (did you manage to get his name >:D)
Steve
------------
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Glenn

I had a similar problem, but it only took 1 visit and a change of 'pair' to resolve. Gled you got it sorted.
Glenn
--------------------

3DBULLY

Quote from: Steve on May 04, 2010, 20:17:35
Excellent news! So there is still the odd good engineer with BT (did you manage to get his name >:D)

Yeah his name was Rob and he was sound, actually he's the 1st engineer to actually stand and talk to me about the issue and seemed quite concerned that i'd been mugged off by BT over this fault, just a side note how could a remote test via BT miss a 3k earth fault ? :slap:

3DBULLY

Quote from: Glenn on May 04, 2010, 20:17:50
I had a similar problem, but it only took 1 visit and a change of 'pair' to resolve. Gled you got it sorted.

Is it possible that not all BT engineers have the HAWK test kit in there van's?, or has it only become a standard piece of kit lately ?

Just waiting for BT to remove the Interleaving now that all is well ! :fingers:

Glenn

I don't know, my problem was around 3 or 4 years ago, since then the cable broke down completely, resulting in a new cable being laid in my garden.
Glenn
--------------------

Rik

Glad you're sorted at last. BT really should be more accountable.
Rik
--------------------

Gary

Quote from: Rik on May 05, 2010, 08:35:39
Glad you're sorted at last. BT really should be more accountable.
When my BT mate came round he said he was amazed his test equipment worked on our line, he said that the gear and software is always crashing or not testing properly, so most engineers give up and move on saying it passes the simpler tests which is mostly good enough, as there is nothing else they physically do if the software does not do its thing, so maybe it is a new piece of kit  :fingers:
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

cavillas

I think we should set up a web site where all BT engineers are graded according to helpfullness, knowledge etc.  It should also have their names and where they are working (area).
------
Alf :)

Rik

Rik
--------------------