IDNet really as good as the reviews?

Started by pctech, Apr 15, 2010, 19:08:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

pctech

Well got a DD for £17.99 from Zen today so I used the MAC and am on my way to Newnet as they are oiffering 3G for 12.95

If that isn't enough for me I'll shift to IDNET

Steve

At least with these ISPs if it doesn't suit your not stuck
Steve
------------

pctech

And with Newnet MAC generation is automated so am not badgered to stay if I want to move.

Rik

IDNet never badger.  :po: They mole.  ;D
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Rik
--------------------

pctech

To update the thread my connection has been quite stable (router has had to resynch once) but alas my profile has taken a pounding and am down to 1376 Kbps with a goodput of around 997 Kbps.

Rik

I can't understand why the profile would have suffered for a single resync. I wonder whether you've got a stuck profile? It looks OK for the sync speed, though, so it might be worth checking with Newnet to see what's happening.
Rik
--------------------

pctech

I think its more to do with the circuit out of sync fun I had on Thursday

adamr8965

I've decided i dont like idnet now!!! and urge people to steer clear!!!!!!! :eyebrow:

(likes to be different)

g7pkf

Idnet do not control BT.

Your connection is cr*p because of either noise or BT or the wiring in your house, i havent read the whole thread but just felt your being too negative to idnet.

Do not blame idnet. and no i do not work for them.

pctech

Errr I'm not a customer of IDNet and have never been so I'm completely neutral.

The plans don't suit my particular pattern of usage so thats why I'm using a different company for the time being.

In a good majority of cases bad connection quality is down to the 'last mile' and the throughput for this part of the connection is down to BT, not any ISP.

If I'm negative toward any company, its BT.

g7pkf

My noise figures are probarly the worst on this forum due to trains etc.

not idnet's fault until BT bring FTC they will always be cr*p had 4000 for about 3 months then winter came got it back (for a couple of hour's).

you lot don't kbnow how lucky you are!!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

adamr8965

Quote from: g7pkf on May 03, 2010, 19:53:34
Idnet do not control BT.

Your connection is cr*p because of either noise or BT or the wiring in your house, i havent read the whole thread but just felt your being too negative to idnet.

You miss read post and completly missed the sarcastic comment there's nothing wrong with my connection. Nor nothing wrong with idnet.  :pmsl:

g7pkf

Quote from: adamr8965 on May 03, 2010, 20:42:19
Quote from: g7pkf on May 03, 2010, 19:53:34
Idnet do not control BT.

You miss read post and completly missed the sarcastic comment there's nothing wrong with my connection.

I do not read the forums that often i just found your post, miss-informative and if searched by a search engine what would come up---idnet cr**p----totrallly untrue?

spelling mistakes on purpose

but it has prompted me to start having a go again at BT and the train companies. fed up with this, why should i suffer because BT can't sort ther lives out

time for a new thread seeking advice.

sorry did not mean to offend  (well i did but hey-ho) you must admit you probarly deserved it :)

smiley face

adamr8965

Dont worry about it, did think it was funny, btw i think i have one of the better lines here, 2 miles from the exchange and full speed on adsl 6.85meg all the time.

g7pkf

I f*****g Hate u.

:)

Seriously my line is so sh*t because BT and trains do not get on :(

thought of getting an sdsl line (not supported by my exchange) and that would have been circa £100-£150 a month

looked at wi-fi (0.5 miles out of range)

and it's not just me but the WHOLE village who have the problem of the BLOODY TrAINS.

Rik  im on a mission now up the swear filter, warn idnet support, BT etc etc

adamr8965

:hehe: Cant wait for wbc to enabled here, will be a while off, but we have cable aswell. :thumb:

If your in a village trains will stop after a certain time, they stop here around 9pm ish.

g7pkf

Main line they do not stop.

will post a proper question tommorrow.

Rik-----DUCK AND COVER.

G7PKF is back!!!!!!

Simon

Back with a vengeance by the look of it, Dean.  ;D
Simon.
--

Rik

I think he blames me personally, Simon, and I don't even travel on the trains. ;D
Rik
--------------------

g7pkf

Did't you know everything is your fault around here  ;D

Rik

Rik
--------------------