SAMKNOWS and OFCOM Broadband Monitoring Survey

Started by kinmel, May 10, 2010, 17:13:38

Previous topic - Next topic

kinmel

My Monitoring Unit has arrived and took about 30 seconds to install.

My network has a 2700 HGV Adsl modem/router with 3 desktops, a networked multi-function printer, a NAS box and an Ubuntu server with virtual pop3 and imap email, web,ftp servers etc on it.

At first glance everything here is working satisfactorily, but as yet I don't know if the Monitoring Unit can phone home.

I will do some checks on what is happening on the 2700HGV this evening.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

kinmel

Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

kinmel

Overnight checks have shown my network is operating exactly as before and the Monitoring Unit is doing it's job too

It has not been necessary to create any pinholes in the 2700HGV's firewall and yet the unit is collecting and forwarding data to the project.

My personal Monitoring Report Dashboard at Samknows gives me access to constant results for all manner of things, each with their own widget.

All very nice, why not give it a try.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

Rik

Are you on a new set of internal IPs, Alan?
Rik
--------------------

kinmel

Quote from: Rik on May 11, 2010, 10:33:53
Are you on a new set of internal IPs, Alan?

No, the 2700HGV gave the Unit an IP from DCHP and I then made that a fixed private IP, everything else stayed with their own fixed IP.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

kinmel

here is a shot of the fully customizable Dashboard

Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

Rik

Rik
--------------------