Some advice please for potential new customer

Started by w7it, Apr 24, 2010, 08:55:20

Previous topic - Next topic

w7it

its sorted now, been contacted by a nice lady from IDNet , who informs me once we recieve a confirmation e-mail we can access our control panel and change/edit our payment plan from there , so all is well that ends well hopefully

i guess that means we are now officially IDNetters :) :evil:
Whats life without a Gadget !!

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Simon

Simon.
--

quandam

W7it

Do take on board the earlier advice re paying by DD, it is good advice and really has no drawbacks whatsoever. ;)

adamr8965

w7it, another nice lady with ring and ask what you'd like for tea!!!!  :whistle:

w7it

just wanting to check something because the control panel makes it slighty ambiguous

i can move my .com web site to the free space provided with my package and i can use my .com email address from here as well as part of the package ??

just looking around the control panel all i see is email that has the .idnet.com extension which is not what i need, i need to continue using my .com mail addy

Rik

Rik
--------------------

w7it

thanks Rik

i wont lie i`m feeling slightly uneasy at this point

Rik

OK, it can be done. Setup charge for email & domain would be £25, then £36pa, ie £61 in the first year.

The free space doesn't support scripts, PHP etc, so if you need that facility, you'd need to look at a full hosting package.
Rik
--------------------

Rik

Rik
--------------------

w7it

they charge ?? my present package offers 200 mb web space and email facilitys to use with the web space, so if you have a .com you can use your .com mail addy. IDNet dont allow this ???

That is not what i expected to be honest Rik , i dont need scripts and php and the like but i do need to be able to use my mail addy  :bawl:

now i gota do some quick grovelling elsewhere  :bawl: :bawl:

Thanks for the reply Rik

Rik

They allow it, they just charge to redirect your domain address. Many of us host email with companies like 1&1 or Purple Cloud. This gives us two systems, it being unlikely that they would both fail at the same time.
Rik
--------------------

w7it

i`m not to fussed about having a backup system Rik , i have mail from gmail but also .com and it is my .com which is my main mail addy, that is my most important one

so ok i am sure i can get around that another way

but i am ok to host my web site here ( ie my domain )  , in the control panel i have attemted to add my website name but it only allows for 13 characters ?? will this change when we are live , is it a temporary restriction ?? i just wanted to examine the procedure for moving my domain over

Rik

You'd need to talk to support to get it done.
Rik
--------------------

w7it