Some advice please for potential new customer

Started by w7it, Apr 24, 2010, 08:55:20

Previous topic - Next topic

w7it

This is a nervous time especialy for me , i am looking to change ISP`s , it makes me nervous as i have a very internet active modern family and loosing what my kids see as a basic utility but what there parents see as a luxury would mean certain and instant death for my overworked and under paid carcass
the Wifes crops would die ( ffs :rant2:  :dunno: ) the kids would loose Xbox and steam and whatever else they fill there laptops with ( junk ) i would loose twitter  :slap: and access to the web sites i run and maintain

So after that odd intro i am after advice on which package i should be looking at here on IDNet, presently we pay around £30 a month, we have ADSL2+ at the exchange and it is enabled for WBC on 21CN Market3 

some advice on which package is best suited to our needs would be apprecitated and also is there free web space with the packages ? this is not hugely essential but always helps if there is

Thanks
W7it 
Whats life without a Gadget !!

Glenn

:welc: :karma:

£24.99/month will get buy 180Gb of download bandwidth (uploads aren't counted), 40Gb for peak hours and 140Gb available between midnight - 9am, also 2Gb of webspace

£34.99 will buy 360Gb, 60Gb in peak time, the rest off peak, plus 3Gb of webspace.

http://www.idnet.net/solutions/home/broadband/

IDNet do not block any ports or throttle the connection.
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Ray

Ray
--------------------

Rik

Hi and welcome to Netters. :welc: :karma:

What Glenn said and I'll raise him a blog and a photo album, if you want them, plus as many idnet.com addresses as you need. :)
Rik
--------------------

Glenn

Home SuperPro, also has traffic priority through the exchange
Glenn
--------------------

adamr8965

:welc: Here what the others have said, no throttling or port blocking. £34.99 will give  you priority given at the exchange over standard ADSL traffic, so you'll see even faster speeds at peak times, Plus it only a 1month contract, Support is very good. Plus if you have broadband already then can change it over in 3 working days normally

Rik

Oh, and there's 0800 support which is answered by real people in a few seconds. I think that's the end of the sales pitch. ;D
Rik
--------------------

adamr8965

I beat rik, i told him about support first, plus theres a 01 number if you have free landline calls from your mobile  :bawl:

Rik

We didn't yet mention the referral system, get an existing customer to refer you and you get a £10 credit to your account, as do they.
Rik
--------------------

adamr8965

Rite then im going to refer this customer, as im hard up.

w7it

Quote from: adamr8965 on Apr 24, 2010, 09:19:55
Rite then im going to refer this customer, as im hard up.

consider me refered  :thumb:

MAC code requested from present supplier, weekend means nothing happens now for 2 days, when the wife drags herself out the pit i will sell IDNet to her, once she has looked at the fine print, hasstled me for a cup of Tea, moaned about the state of the lounge, checked her crops and opened the windows i cant see it being an issue to move here

i may have missed it above but is there any free web space ??
dont answer , i did miss it , the answer was a yes ...that is very helpful to me  :thumb:

Rik

Yes, 1-3GB depending on package, it can be used as 'straight' web space, photo albums or blog space, or divided between all three. There's nothing fancy attached though, eg PHP.
Rik
--------------------

adamr8965

Quote from: w7it on Apr 24, 2010, 09:30:28
consider me refered  :thumb:

MAC code requested from present supplier, weekend means nothing happens now for 2 days, when the wife drags herself out the pit i will sell IDNet to her, once she has looked at the fine print, hasstled me for a cup of Tea, moaned about the state of the lounge, checked her crops and opened the windows i cant see it being an issue to move here

i may have missed it above but is there any free web space ??

Ah the sell to the wife, sound familiar
dont answer , i did miss it , the answer was a yes ...that is very helpful to me  :thumb:

w7it

Quote from: Rik on Apr 24, 2010, 09:33:09
Yes, 1-3GB depending on package, it can be used as 'straight' web space, photo albums or blog space, or divided between all three. There's nothing fancy attached though, eg PHP.

Doh !! you posted before i had a chance to edit Rik

i dont need anything fancy, just somewhere to host my web site :)
W7it

w7it

Rik

Quote from: w7it on Apr 24, 2010, 09:37:38
Doh !! you posted before i had a chance to edit Rik

I'm like that. ;D

Quotei dont need anything fancy, just somewhere to host my web site :)
W7it

If you're just using straight html you'll be fine.
Rik
--------------------

Baz

dont forget the vast array of knowledge,info,tips,humour,DR food facts,joviality,witty comments,friendly sarcastic comments,verbal fisty cuffs etc etc that goes on in here

its all good fun though  :thumb:

Rik

You left out how good we are at spending other people's money, Baz. ;D
Rik
--------------------

Baz

who do you think you are Rik....my wife  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rik

I'm probably better at it than she is, Baz.  :laugh:
Rik
--------------------

Baz

well yes you have a point there she is pretty good on the financial side of things, UNLIKE YOU WHO GETS US TO SPEND SPEND SPEND

;D ;D ;D ;)

Rik

Actually, I've earned that reputation falsely you know. It was Glenn who introduced me to DR and to the various pasty suppliers, we should blame him.  :evil:
Rik
--------------------

Baz

Baz

Glenn

Glenn
--------------------