down today

Started by Baz, May 10, 2010, 14:31:47

Previous topic - Next topic

psp83

can take upto 5 days.

Rik

If the line remains stable, Baz, 1-5 days.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Baz

ok thanks.support said within 24 hours.

But,strangely enough, just had a stupid thought and a 'I wonder if...' moment which I really doubt it would be but recently I have plugged into the router port another ethernet cable for my sons PS3 which is downstairs at the moment on my new tv.Its plugged in router side but not tv as hes away,so I wondered if just maybe that might be having some affect on it  :dunno: so I reached behind the router to unplug it and clumsily caught the power input lead,router lights flickered went out...oppps  ;D put it back in and it is now giving me with a slightly  lower sync,bad time to do it  :)  so whats the difference between a re boot of router and power off/on like that.

cant do a BT test for a while as I did one about half hour ago

Rik

Support should know best, Baz, I'm quoting you the general figure while they are giving you a figure based on the details of your situation.

The lead shouldn't have been having an effect, though stranger things have happened, but it does make me wonder if your power lead is tight in the socket?

That kind of disconnection is generally treated less sympathetically by DLM, but in your case it seems to have jogged something.
Rik
--------------------

Baz

yeah may have to look at the lead sometime.

looks like its kicked started some thing.I'll do a BT test soon and let you know what the profile is.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Baz

BT test gave this

Download speed achieved during the test was - 5696 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1000-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :7730 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 888 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 12.06:22.61:65.33 (SBE:NBE:PBE)

so its better than earlier ive had even better sync and speed though.

Im still not sure about this ADSL2+  :dunno:

Rik

What aren't you sure about, Baz? Remind me of you Max stats can you?
Rik
--------------------

Baz

the only one I can find before I switched to ADSL2 are

Download speed achieved during the test was - 6406 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds  is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps

Im not sure if its as good as I thought it would be

Rik

It looks like you've exchanged some download speed for better upload speed. If you don't want or need the latter, ask to be remodulated to ADSL1. You should get your more stable speed back, but you'll retain a higher upload speed and the increased bandwidth allowances.
Rik
--------------------

Baz

I have thought about switching back just dont know yet.Thats what I mean its so unstable,ive had better stats than this on ADSL2 so that makes me want to stick with it but the constant drops I have had is a big minus point for me.

Rik

Have we eliminated all your wiring, Baz, including filters?
Rik
--------------------

Baz

in what way Rik? have only one phone in,no extensions,no ring wire,and a face plate fitted.Although at the moment its still in the test socket with a brand new filter

Rik

How about the MW radio test? Is the phone a DECT unit? Have you tried moving the unit further away from the router?
Rik
--------------------

Baz

havent tried the radio test,yes I believe the phone is DECT  :dunno: im limited as to where I can move it to as I need  a socket for the answer machine but I have thought of moving it before but came up with the same probs.Im near to the master socket too for the phone.Would the phone really make that much interference with the router

Rik

Try turning it off for a while,  Baz, that's the only way to be sure.
Rik
--------------------