New BBC Website.

Started by tehidyman, May 13, 2010, 14:49:09

Previous topic - Next topic

tehidyman

For many years I have used the BBC website as my home page.  However they have now introduced a new one.  I do not like it. The customisable options are still fine except that a large football orientated image occupies a large percentage of the top of the screen and I cannot change it.  Can anyone recommend  a suitable alternative with no ads, just news and links to other topics and not sport mad.

gizmo71

BBC News? Doesn't look too sport mad to me.
SimRacing.org.uk Director General | Team Shark Online Racing - on the podium since 1993
Up the Mariners!

tehidyman

Quote from: gizmo71 on May 13, 2010, 14:59:34
BBC News? Doesn't look too sport mad to me.
It's the home page I dislike .

Glenn

Mine changed the begining of the week, but it has edit buttons on each section of the page.
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Lance

Quote from: tehidyman on May 13, 2010, 15:24:03
It's the home page I dislike .

I think he was sugesting the news site as your new homepage :)
Lance
_____

zappaDPJ

I've never really looked at the BBC 'Homepage' but I do have a number of sub pages bookmarked which I look at every day. I thought I'd take a look seeing as it's been overhauled and I have to say I'm quite impressed. The modular nature of it is great although it sounds like that's was there before but what I really like is the new Topic Tracker which allows you to track content of interested. It's nice to be able to change the colour scheme as well. I now have it book marked :)
zap
--------------------

Niall

How is the BBC page sport mad? I don't actually edit the layout on my main pc, just my iphone, but the standard layout has a very small sport tab and that's the only thing on there relating to sport. There is a banner today with F1 on it, but they are the only two things I can see, and that is a banner you can select 1 of 3 news items on.

You can always edit it too, so you don't see any sport related items at all.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Gary

Quote from: tehidyman on May 13, 2010, 14:49:09
For many years I have used the BBC website as my home page.  However they have now introduced a new one.  I do not like it. The customisable options are still fine except that a large football orientated image occupies a large percentage of the top of the screen and I cannot change it.  Can anyone recommend  a suitable alternative with no ads, just news and links to other topics and not sport mad.
I dont have a huge football at this time, I am not a sports fan and have removed the sporting link, tbh the page works well as a homepage and is not that much different to before, its certainly not sport mad.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't