Typical those that need it get f&&&&& nothing

Started by g7pkf, May 13, 2010, 21:28:49

Previous topic - Next topic

g7pkf

Just read the latest blurb from idnet....

fibre to cabinet....

i would be happy with fibre to the village!!!

just goes to show mass market idea.

more customers etc....

those with real problems can go get stuffed. your in the minority no money to be made don't care about your problems, unstable line not our problem .

BT waste of time Ofcom (may as well go and stick head down toilet)

Fibre to the cabinet wonderful if you live in a densly populated area. (probarly already getting 5Mb+ with a good connection)

Us in the sticks can basically go get stuffed. no hope.

yes being negative but i am so fed up with broadband and train interferance all we need is fibre to the village stuff the cabinet or home village will do.

fed up ME

PRODUCT LAUNCH: 40Mbps Fibre Broadband - super-fast speeds, super-high bandwidth, super-low latency!
We are very pleased to announce the launch of our new up-to-40Mbps broadband services over fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) - offering super-fast speeds, super-high bandwidth and super-low latency. The new services offer amazing performance with upload speeds of up-to-10Mbps and a download sync speed range of between 15Mbps and 40Mbps depending on your distance from the cabinet. Already available at 32 exchanges across the UK, there is an aggressive roll-out schedule with another 58 exchanges coming onboard in June, 88 in September, and a further 187 by next Summer - set to reach at least 10 million (40%) UK homes and businesses by Summer 2012 (40% of the UK). To check availability for your number please click here.
There is a one-off activation fee of £47 (inc-VAT) which includes the installation of a VDSL modem by a BT engineer. In addition you will need an Ethernet Router to handle the PPPoE login - we recommend and stock the Wireless Netgear WGR614 which we can pre-configure for you and costs £49 (inc-VAT and inc-P&P) - a standard ADSL router will not be sufficient. The minimum contract is twelve months and if you choose to pay for a year in advance, we will give you a month's service free of charge. To view the new home fibre packages please click here. To view the new business fibre packages please click here.

g7pkf

That was a rant heres the fact

a friend who lives in the middle of buckinghamshire and is a dairy farmer recently got asked.

we have a piece of equipment that can connect to you pasturizer and let us know how many gallons we can collect daily. all we need to do is intergrate this into your adsl line and it will automatically update us.

he is slap bang in the middle of buckinghamshire and cannot get any adsl/broadband connection.
digital Briton is a total joke for people living in the rural areas

when he informed them he could not get an adsl connection they suggested he moved?????????????/ what all 54 acres?????????

digital briton ok if you live in a major city.

for us in rural briton trying to make a living forget it

g7pkf

Oh and add to this i have a support query outstanding with so far only 1 response (and i did respond), After apx 1 week no further response.

ID net have really annoyed me and i will be phoning support tommorrow.

this press release has hit the touchpaper....

Niall

My exchange isn't even on the list going into late next year, whilst Chester is and a few complete holes in Wales. I mean Cardiff, come on, who'd want to live in that hole? :D
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Simon

Apologies if I've misunderstood, Dean, but it's not IDNet's fault that BT haven't enabled FTTC on your exchange, is it?
Simon.
--
This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

klipp

I wish BT would release a roll-out estimation list like they did for ADSL2+, eg. Q2 2011, and so on, for ALL exchanges.

Niall

Quote from: klipp on May 13, 2010, 22:02:12
I wish BT would release a roll-out estimation list like they did for ADSL2+, eg. Q2 2011, and so on, for ALL exchanges.

Yeah it'd be nice, but I suppose there's politics and money involved, plus demand. I can help with that, I DEMAND FIBRE! (and not albran!)
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

kinmel

Quote from: klipp on May 13, 2010, 22:02:12

BT won't do all exchanges, only those where the investment will bring high returns.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

g7pkf

Quote from: Simon on May 13, 2010, 21:55:15
Apologies if I've misunderstood, Dean, but it's not IDNet's fault that BT haven't enabled FTTC on your exchange, is it?

No not id nets fault.
apart from the unanswered support call

not bt's fault

Digital Briton...when?  

Niall

I imagine we'll be waiting for 20 or so years before everywhere has access to broadband in the UK. The way everything is set up is purely money based. There's absolutely zero benefit for companies as long as it's all profit based and BT have to pay for it all.

To this day I wonder where all the billions they made during the 80s went. Surely if they were making as much profit as was bandied around, then they'd have had the money to improve services.

My major problem with everything these days is that the technology is here to advance god knows how many areas of our lives, but because of greed and politics (so greed...) it takes about 20 years to go forward with something that should take only a few years. It's a disgrace. Sadly nothing will change because companies with money want to keep it, and don't want to see a society that progresses while they can line their pockets.
Flickr Deviant art
Leo Tolstoy

Gary

Quote from: g7pkf on May 13, 2010, 22:22:04
No not id nets fault.
apart from the unanswered support call

not bt's fault

Digital Briton...when? 
You can call them for free.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

pctech

All ISPs are customers of BT in much the same way as we are so they are subject to BT's whims unfortunately.

Personally I'd prefer it if a publicly owned or even a cooperative was formed to roll out and manage a nationwide VDSL network which they could then rent ISPs access to.

Longer term I would like them to take over the PSTN too as BT are a complete dinosaur and really need to fade into history.

Part of the reason although Openreach maintain the line my line rental is paid to the phone co-op

Should be telecoms by the people, for the people.

miriam_idnet

Hi g7pkf,

Unfortunately  IDNet, nor any other ISP for that matter, have any control over when/if BT choose to roll out a particular service to a particular exchange. All we can do is keep customers updated as to when their exchange has been enabled. 

We will continue to offer the latest services so that those who can receive them have the choice to do so.

With regards to your comment about lack of response from Support; we received a second email from you on 05/05/2010 and a reply was sent to you 10.27am on 06/05/10 but no further reply was received from you. I have resent this email to you now.

Kind regards,

Miriam
IDNet Support

Rik

Rik
--------------------

g7pkf

Quote from: Rik on May 14, 2010, 10:30:45
Thanks for clarifying that, Miriam.  :thumb:

Creeping agsin RIK?

Miriam appologies it in no way was meant as a rant directed to IDnet in any way.

BT if your reading this is another matter.

I also Miriam must humbly appologize ref support call, my spam filter is over zealous at the moment, i did receive it and once again appologize for moaning completely.

As always idnet support were prompt in there response.

Dean (tail between leg's)

Rik

I don't creep, Dean, but I do like the public record to be set straight. For the second day running, a member has made unfounded accusations against IDNet which could, potentially, put new customers off. I don't tend to let such things pass without intervention.
Rik
--------------------

dujas

25-30% of UK households and businesses will have to accept that they are unlikely to see a fibre deployment in their area without additional public or private financial assistance. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the Government to sort themselves out, so perhaps try mobilising your community towards initiatives like Rutland Telecom?

pctech

Rik

You and I could, Mitch, but as a group, generally we are too geographically dissipated to do anything.
Rik
--------------------

pctech

Hmmm yes.

I really think its bad that this kind of stuff rests with BT as one thing the Government was right about is that high speed access like the kind enjoyed in South Korea would improve productivity.

Rik

It would, but for some reason, infrastructure is never given high importance in this country, Mitch, whether it be BB, roads, generating capacity etc. In part, I blame short-term thinking by politicians, but also management of public companies.
Rik
--------------------

pctech

Now if the funding for the pointless olympics was diverted to fibre roll out......

Rik

Rik
--------------------

pctech

And then there's the 2018 World cup bid.

Rik

I know. I really don't understand why we keep doing these things. At least when we hosted the rugby world cup, the RFU did it without state aid.
Rik
--------------------