Typical those that need it get f&&&&& nothing

Started by g7pkf, May 13, 2010, 21:28:49

Previous topic - Next topic

pctech

Simple Rik

It raises the profile of those whom we are supposed to elect as servants of the people so that they can get cushy jobs in companies when we find out their lies and give them the boot.

Rik

Should I move this thread to the politics board? ;D
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

ST Driver

Quote from: pctech on May 14, 2010, 11:30:13
And then there's the 2018 World cup bid.

Ah yes another waste of money. :whistle: :whistle:

Steve
Grandad Racer

miriam_idnet

"Man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." Albert Einstein  ;)

g7pkf

Sorry Rik my rant was squarely aimed at the carrier provider  which is a Big Telecoms provider not IDnet.

IDnet have always been 1st class, my junk email filter is just a bit vicious.

I personally have recommended several people to IDnet most have taken my advice those that did not now have been on the phone to a call centre for so long they are thinking of taking foriegn language courses. :)

Rik

That's OK, Dean, I understand your frustration, but being an ex-PR man, I always consider whether a post could potentially harm IDNet, even if I don't work for them. :)
Rik
--------------------

pctech

Did you not consider a career in politics Rik?

Lots of PR folk seem to go that way

Rik

I can't lie to save my life, Mitch. It's why I would never play poker. :)
Rik
--------------------

pctech

I cant say I've never lied when I was younger but I don't now and am honest with everyone even if they may not like what I am about to say.

Rik

Same here. It lost me a lot of work, but I wouldn't work for unethical companies who wanted me to cover up their deficiencies. Oddly enough, BT used to be one of those clients for a short while.  ;D
Rik
--------------------

Technical Ben

Quote from: Rik on May 14, 2010, 13:01:30
Same here. It lost me a lot of work, but I wouldn't work for unethical companies who wanted me to cover up their deficiencies. Oddly enough, BT used to be one of those clients for a short while.  ;D

O/T
I'd employ you Rik! You could be my one man call centre when I become an entrepreneur. I just need to get my curry vending machine idea to work...
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Rik

;D

Shouldn't be a huge problem, Ben, we can just stand behind it with a couple of microwaves and a load of trays. ;)
Rik
--------------------

adamr8965

how many people does idnet currently have on it books? and out of those people how many live in rual brition where theres no hope of fttc?

Rik

IDNet have never released figures on their customer base, for commercial reasons. Similarly, I don't know the geographical distribution, but even some parts of urban Britain are not getting FTTC as yet.
Rik
--------------------

Glenn

Only around 3 - 400 out of the 8000+ or so are listed so far.
Glenn
--------------------

Lona

Quote from: Rik on May 14, 2010, 12:55:39
I can't lie to save my life, Mitch. It's why I would never play poker. :)

I'm good a playing poker, Rik, does that make me a liar. ;D ;)

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

adamr8965

Quote from: Glenn on May 14, 2010, 19:19:57
Only around 3 - 400 out of the 8000+ or so are listed so far.

They will never fibre all 8000+ will cost far to much for them to do that.

Rik

Quote from: Lona on May 14, 2010, 19:35:53
I'm good a playing poker, Rik, does that make me a liar. ;D ;)

Not necessarily, Lona, but it means you possess the basic skills required. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Baz

the trouble with lying is that you have to remember everything you say  :)

best not to

Rik

I agree, Baz, though I do take a lot of notes. ;)
Rik
--------------------

Baz

g7pkf

I am not one of them.

Yes i moan, but our village has problem's with broadband and voice quality on the phone.

SO i am trying to do something about it.

what i would like to ask can anyone think of anything else to do?--not ofcom report problem to or isp etc this is also "in hand".

I have contacted the parish council and asked for an insertion into parish news requesting if people have problems to log into a yahoo group post and answer the poll i have created.

contacted the village website and asked same.

all this is to just confirm the problem is whole village wide, i have monitored several people from across the village and it seem's so but what i am after is documented proof.

I have contacted rutland telecom for advice also.

as questioned anyone else got any "constructive" way's to help, moving is not an option, i could cry i used to live 20metres from the exchange in a large town, i could have got any service i wanted, then some silly female wanted to move back into a village (after several neighbours had break in's and our little bundle of nightmare was born), did not realize the bb connection was going to be as bad as this (not speed wise just reliability) then which would i rather have a loving female companion or more reliable/faster broadband-no don't answer that.

Daen

pctech

I think you are doing the right thing by approaching ofcom as there is no more powerful organisation than them.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

pctech

;D I could mention the classic Python sketch at this point but lets face it, its been done to death.