We're at it more

Started by Rik, May 19, 2010, 10:07:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

The internet, that is. The BBC reports that:

QuoteBritish web users are spending 65% more time online than three years ago, according to a survey of net habits.

The average surfer spends 22 hours and 15 minutes on the net each month, according to the UK Online Measurement company (UKOM).

The lion's share of that time is spent on social networks or blogs, which accounts for nearly a quarter of users' time online.

Instant messaging (IM) has been one of the victims of social network growth.

Three years ago 14% of online time was spent using IM but that has fallen to just 5%.

But e-mail, also predicted to suffer as more people used Facebook and its rivals, is still healthy and accounts for 7.2% of time compared to 6.5% of time three years ago.
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Gary

Quote from: Rik on May 19, 2010, 10:07:58
The internet, that is. The BBC reports that:

So that's why I put so much weight on  ::) Saying that this last year I guess the recession has increased web usage, I believe more people that ever are now watching TV, maybe for similar reasons
Damned, if you do damned if you don't

Rik

I think it's a combination of things, Gary. The advent of streaming TV, the uptake of social networking, the richer web content, to name but three.
Rik
--------------------

Simon

Simon.
--

Rik

That and more online retailers across a broader spectrum. Not to mention holidays, of course.
Rik
--------------------

Fox

"The average surfer spends 22 hours and 15 minutes on the net each month, according to the UK Online Measurement company (UKOM)."

I thought you spent that much time online each day Rik  :hehe:
True power doesn't lie with the people who cast the votes, it lies with the people who count them

Rik

It feels like it some days. ;)
Rik
--------------------