Anyone else think the ISPA awards are a stitch up?

Started by Rik, May 20, 2010, 12:32:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/

Second story down (as of writing this). All the usual suspects are there, but no room for IDNet, despite consistently coming top, or in the top 3, of TB's ratings.

Size matters, it seems. >:(
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Simon

Well, we did win it a couple of years back.  :)
Simon.
--

Rik

AAISP, Zen, Newnet and IDNet don't get a look in as ISPs. It says something about the value of the award, imo.
Rik
--------------------

Lance

Although Newnet are there in a few categories.
Lance
_____

Rik

Rik
--------------------

kinmel

They are only of valued by the recipients, we should just continue to ignore them.
Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

john

Not just the recipients but also potential new customers who may consider awards when deciding who to switch to.

Niall

It's a bit of a double edged sword that though. You win an award and get flooded with customers, which could worsen the quality of support or even your line.

So I say, frankly my dear I don't give a damn ;)
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

I never had you down for a fan of that film, Niall. ;)
Rik
--------------------

quandam

quandam

Quote from: kinmel on May 20, 2010, 13:06:15
They are only of valued by the recipients, we should just continue to ignore them.
Quote from: kinmel on May 20, 2010, 13:06:15

kinmel

Are you saying we wouldn't be chuffed if IDNet won at least one of the awards? I am sure that if they had this forum would have been awash with congratulatory smileys and banners.  To ignore them is a very blinkered view of the situation and we should be asking why IDNet are not among the recipients and not saying that we don't care and that they (awards) shoud be ignored.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

quandam

Rik

Maybe this extract from the rules will explain why IDNet are not in the running? It might be useful to ask if IDNet actually entered?

>>>>># ISPs must register their intent to enter the awards with ISPA and register their services and other requested information with Epitiro via the online form linked to from http://www.ispaawards.org.uk. Registration intent and technical registration with Epitiro opens on 9th December 2009 and will close on the 22nd January 2010.
# Companies wishing to be considered for a particular award should submit the relevant information in accordance with the instructions on http://www.ispaawards.org.uk.
# ISPs must register their technical details with Epitiro via the online form linked to from http://www.ispaawards.org.uk. Entrants must have the stated required number of users registered for each award and technical details where required reported to Epitiro by 1st February 2010, when monitoring is due to begin.<<<<<

Bill

Quote from: quandam on May 20, 2010, 14:33:03
Rik

Maybe this extract from the rules will explain why IDNet are not in the running? It might be useful to ask if IDNet actually entered?

You beat me to it by about two minutes! :evil:
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

quandam

Niall

Quote from: Rik on May 20, 2010, 14:06:49
I never had you down for a fan of that film, Niall. ;)

My gran forced me to sit through it on more than one occasion. I'm not really a fan of it :D
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Rik

It was my mother's favourite film, and therefore one I abhorred. ;D
Rik
--------------------

pctech

Yep great horror film ever made.
Right up there with the any kind of musical.

I also wonder what Ian Fleming was thinking when he wrote Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (I refer to it as something else but thats not appropriate for here)

To get back on topic I think its probably a blessing for you guys that ID aren't on the list as there would be lag between the incoiming hoardes of customers and any upgrades in capacity simply because it takes time to order them.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

Lance

Quote from: quandam on May 20, 2010, 14:33:03
Rik

>>>>># ISPs must register their intent to enter the awards with ISPA and register their services and other requested information with Epitiro via the online form linked to from http://www.ispaawards.org.uk. Registration intent and technical registration with Epitiro opens on 9th December 2009 and will close on the 22nd January 2010.
# Companies wishing to be considered for a particular award should submit the relevant information in accordance with the instructions on http://www.ispaawards.org.uk.
# ISPs must register their technical details with Epitiro via the online form linked to from http://www.ispaawards.org.uk. Entrants must have the stated required number of users registered for each award and technical details where required reported to Epitiro by 1st February 2010, when monitoring is due to begin.<<<<<

They have certainly entered in the past, although I don't know if they did this time round.
Lance
_____

kinmel

Quote from: quandam on May 20, 2010, 14:22:38
kinmel

Are you saying we wouldn't be chuffed if IDNet won at least one of the awards? I am sure that if they had this forum would have been awash with congratulatory smileys and banners.  To ignore them is a very blinkered view of the situation and we should be asking why IDNet are not among the recipients and not saying that we don't care and that they (awards) shoud be ignored.

It's like the Miss Universe title,  no-one thinks the winner is actually the most beautiful woman in the world, or that the winner of the Eurovision Song Contest is Europe's greatest singer.

As for people being attracted to such flim-flam - Good, if they are that stupid, they deserve what they will get.

Alan  ‹(•¿•)›

What is the date of the referendum for England to become an independent country ?

Technical Ben

Quote from: kinmel on May 20, 2010, 20:14:37
It's like the Miss Universe title...

I had to think of this when you said that. I can barely watch the clip more than once.  :rofls:
Are the winning ISPs like that then? Even if IDNet answered questions like that, I'd still love them.  :wub:
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Simon

Simon.
--

Rik

What was she saying, I don't think I quite got it. ;D
Rik
--------------------