A happy talktalk customer???

Started by adamr8965, May 21, 2010, 18:15:00

Previous topic - Next topic

DorsetBoy

Do they have the same staff as Alliance and Leicester... ???

Rik

That is unbelievable. Clearly they have a tag on the line, it can be cleared in five days.  :shake:
Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

adamr8965

i like alliance and leicester best bank there is.

DorsetBoy

I'd rather have an 18 month contract with BT than that shower........

vitriol

Complete numpty's. 

Hope that guy got sorted in the end

adamr8965

no doesnt look like it at the moment

sobranie

Quote from 1st post the poor chappy made;

I am emailing as I don't want to get stuck in a cue yet again or speak to someone who does not understand what I mean.
Unquote///

'scuse the pun but I reckon he's well and truly 'snookered' is he not!!!

Steve

Steve
------------

Rik

I thought he was just making a rod for his own back, Rick. ;D
Rik
--------------------

Technical Ben

My oh my. I would have not waited that long. I cancelled my connection with O2 when they took longer than 3 weeks to fix the problems I was having. As I was not getting stuck in a 12 month contract with a problem that has been on their forums for 2-3 years!
At least I had a service though. That poor person has paid for a service he has not received, and IMO deserves a full refund, plus costs, and compensation for stress. Not only have they failed to provide a service, but they have left him tied into a contract, and on a "stuck" line (so he cannot swap providers). It's like ISP imprisonment!
I use to have a signature, then it all changed to chip and pin.

Rik

Rik
--------------------

zappaDPJ

I hope the TalkTalk web masters have done a good job on getting their site promoted with search engines. That thread should be at the head of every search as a testament to incompetence. The attitude of the TalkTalk rep is astounding.
zap
--------------------

Rik

That's a polite way of putting it, Zap.  :shake:
Rik
--------------------

adamr8965

i've ordered talktalk llu for my new house!!!!

Rik

I'd order some diazepam from your doctor then, Adam. ;)
Rik
--------------------

adamr8965

Rik

Rik
--------------------

adamr8965

Nope, was only teasing would go to them anyway.

Niall

Sadly that's not the first time I've heard of that with Talk Talk. I've seen people 'lose' phone lines completely using that shower. Talk Talk cock something up at their end, stopping other providers from doing anything or even telling them anything and Talk Talk deny they have done anything wrong and are waiting on something, not clearing the issue and in some cases they've actually been charging the customer for providing absolutely nothing.
Flickr Deviant art
Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.
Leo Tolstoy

Inkblot

Amazingly though there are people sticking up for talk-talk after somebody quite rightly points out that Marieke (Sounds like a girl to me) is wasting his/her time talking to Emma about the problem - he was even polite about it:

QuoteI have to say,this is incredible!!

Talking to Emma on this forum is clearly a waste of time. She's trying her best but clearly she is unable to influence the resolution of this problem.

I wouldn't have been that polite - and I'm usually pretty laid-back about things but that is just pure incompetence!

Rik

Incompetence with malice, Inky. :(
Rik
--------------------

pctech

I've had a couple of experiences with the mobile retail arm of Carphone Warehouse and neither have been good so this kind of thing doesn't come as news to me.

Another good reason why the data transport network between the customer and the ISP's edge router should be managed by a non-profit third party that while serving the ISP allows the customer to raise a dispute and have it investigated in cases like this.

dujas

Someone needs to tell him to email a complaint to Charles Dunstone and CC it to the BBC's Watchdog programme.

QuoteAnother good reason why the data transport network between the customer and the ISP's edge router should be managed by a non-profit third party that while serving the ISP allows the customer to raise a dispute and have it investigated in cases like this.

I doubt it would make much difference as TT have most likely taken ownership of his telephone line and stuck him on LLU.

pctech

Hence my point.

If they don't own or control the transport network they cant hold a customer to ransom.