Broadband Enabling Technology (BET) from BT .......

Started by DorsetBoy, May 23, 2010, 11:47:01

Previous topic - Next topic

DorsetBoy

Came across this, don't know if it has been mentioned before ...  http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/news/generalbriefings/gen10209.do   BB for no go long lines ?

Rik

Rik
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

Bill

I'm sure there was a long discussion on this over on tbb at the time, but I can't find it.

If I remember correctly, general opinion was somewhat dismissive...
Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

Bill

Bill
BQMs-  IPv4  IPv6

dujas

They've been trialing it since September last year, apparently it costs £1k per telephone line used though :-\

DorsetBoy

I think they should just stop p****ng about with copper wire and use fibre to premises. The Koreans can do it,go to the wilds of Canada with hamlets of a few dozen and do they have this problem? No they have 200Mb fibre service.

In Sweden they tested 40GB fibre to premises , why do BT still want to mess around with stuff that Noah was using? Why are they allowing so many different standards, thereby creating more problems because the infrastructure is fragmented , Britain is not a large country for heavens sake.

cavillas

True we are not a large country but we have a disproportionate number of people living here, many of them BT admin staff. :evil:
------
Alf :)

Gary

Quote from: cavillas on May 23, 2010, 16:31:38
True we are not a large country but we have a disproportionate number of people living here, many of them BT admin staff. :evil:
Japan has a massive population, yet they can do it, so that's no excuse.
Damned, if you do damned if you don't