Anyone else working thrrough Cisco's CCNA?

Started by pctech, Apr 24, 2010, 19:21:18

Previous topic - Next topic

pctech

Just got back from a 'day school' in Luton in connection with this course and sat the final exam for the first block and got 79.6% which I'm told is a good mark and I now know the areas I need to work on.

My brain is quite sore due to the large amount of info its had to take in over the last couple of months.

Anyone else on here doing the course too?

ST Driver

Not doing that but have just started doing my MCSE.
I must be mad starting study again now, am 50 and to be honest
I and enjoying it.

Steve

Steve
Grandad Racer

pctech

i did embark on the MCSE but gave in as my current job involves troubleshooting software running on Windows and with the MCSE I could not get any of the command lines to stick in my brain (Cisco IOS I find easier to understand) and in any case I am looking to get out of a desktop support role.

Am thoroughly enjoying the CCNA but it is seriously hard graft. (but then again anything worth doing usually is)

You are never too old to learn new skills, all the best with your MCSE.

mrapoc

I've just done my ccna part two practical/test - think it went ok but i couldnt get the computers to ping using eigrp. My first test went fine i do believe, i got about 69% online test mark and the practical went good too.

It really does make your head hurt but I do feel comfortable subnetting etc. now

but yeh, there is a lot to remember and its a right pain, just hoping to get through it all even if i never use it, its a free qualification (included in course fees!)

good luck tho

Glenn

I know a good teacher, my mate is a CCNA lecturer at Cosford.
Glenn
--------------------

This post reflects my own views, opinions and experience, not those of IDNet.

mrapoc

cool - im one hour away from cosford, was there yesterday actually  8-)

pctech

Quite a way off module 4 but will be starting module 2 Routing and Switching shortly.

hells bells

My boyfriend completed his CCNA level 1 in December last year and he says he feels your headache!!
He has no previous network experience so he was starting from scratch. He says it was the hardest thing that he had ever done!
He got 83% for the practical and 81% for the theory. He really did work his butt off for it putting in 7-8 hours of home study a week!
I hardly saw him!!

He signed up for the level 2 in January but the course didn't run as he was the only that signed up for it!
He is hoping it runs in September though as he's keen to go on to the next step.

Good luck with it all! (from us both!)
Helen.
What on earth was I thinking going on to O2 Access?!
Fortunately I got rid and discovered IDNet!

pctech

Cheers

I'm starting from scratch too (apart from what I've learnt via pure observation)

Going on to do the CCNP myself if this course turns out well, then you have to recertify every three years.